Good

2,048 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Chomp214
Chomp214
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Chomp214
AG
Looking for a good restaurant in Amarillo later this week for an anniversary dinner. West side, staying just off I 40.. Would like a guiet place with good food, Italian, American or good seafood (realizing West Tx might not be the best place for seafood)--I like steak, wife not so much--she is more into salmon. Any help appreciated.

Sorry about the screw-up in topic. Do not know how to fix
CanyonAg77
AG
Red Lobster?

Okay, kidding. Sorry, I'm not really up on the super swanky restaurants in Amarillo,hopefully someone with great knowledge will chime in. I've never been to either, but Ohms Cafe and BL Bistro are the ones that I hear of when fine dining is mentioned.

If you enjoy the Asian restaruants where they cook on the grill in front of you, both Kabuki Romanza and Sakura are good. Slight nod to Kabuki for atmosphere.

Hoffbrau is a good local steakhouse.

If you have other questions about the area, or want to know about the less-swanky restaurants, let me know.
Spider69
AG
First off, I've been gone from Amarillo for almost 3 yrs. But if it's still going, we enjoyed Pescaraz Italian Resturant off 34th & Bell Ave. Nice Italian food and not a chain. I'd call them at (806) 350-5430 to verify.

Enjoy Amarillo! I lived there 30 yrs. & loved it! But I did leave my 5 snow shovels behind when I retired & moved S.

CanyonAg77
AG
I'd forgotten Pescaraz. Only been there once, a few months ago. It was good.
jtp01
AG
BL bistro is really nice. We ate there for our anniversary last year.

Vascular Ag
AG
OHMS is downtown and would be my pick. I've always thought BL Bistro and Macaroni Joe were overrated

If you are staying in the West side of town, Public House at 34th and Coulter. I think it is run by same group as OHMS. Tends to be a little noisier the times I have been in there and service is not fast so plan on enjoying your meal, conversation,etc and not being in a hurry
Chomp214
AG
Thanks for the info. Wife picked BL Bistro from the recommendations and the menu. Just had Italian this week in College Station---Luigi's
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.