Dimmitt?

2,908 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by WestTexasAg
BCO07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have been a Plainview resident for about 9 months and have a possible opportunity in Dimmitt. I don't really know much about the towns that direction so I figured I'm come to the experts.

What kind of town is dimmitt? How are the schools? Decent place to live? And possibly most important, how's the bird hunting?
CanyonAg77
AG
Other than size, I don't know that they're a lot different. Haven't spent a lot of time there, though. And since you're already in Plainview, you could commute to Dimmit pretty easily.
WestTexasAg
AG
Dimmitt would be pretty low on my list of West Texas towns. Decent bird hunting around. Maybe just commute from Plainview, or better yet...Canyon.
CanyonAg77
AG
Or if you have a daughter who will grow up athletic and tall.....Nazareth.

Helps to be Catholic, German, and like beer.
BrazosBendHorn
Here's some data on the high school. HTH

http://schools.texastribune.org/districts/dimmitt-isd/dimmitt-high-school/

Info on Canyon High School, just for comparison

http://schools.texastribune.org/districts/canyon-isd/canyon-high-school/

BCO07
AG
quote:

Catholic...check
beer...check
German...not quite, Italian
Daughter...as of 7 weeks ago, check. based on my genetics and her mothers' athletics scholarships aren't likely to be in the cards
txag2008
AG
I grew up and have all my family still in Nazareth(12mi from Dimmitt).

The area is great and like others mentioned Dimmitt isn't going to be much different than Plainview except for size. It'll be more of a small town vibe with a tighter knit group of people that 'run the city'. At the end of the day the people are still good.

Bird hunting should be decent depending on the year with pheasant being the biggest attracter for hunters.
EMY92
AG
A decade ago, I knew some folks that lived in Dimmit. Compared to Dimmit, Plainview is a big city. Last time I was in Dimmit, there were two restaurants, a Mexican food place and a Subway. They were excited when the Subway opened.

WestTexasAg
AG
quote:

Ha! I almost mentioned that. Good call.
WestTexasAg
AG
quote:
A decade ago, I knew some folks that lived in Dimmit. Compared to Dimmit, Plainview is a big city. Last time I was in Dimmit, there were two restaurants, a Mexican food place and a Subway. They were excited when the Subway opened.

Don't forget Mr. Burger!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.