Houston
Sponsored by

dentist in The Woodlands

1,979 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cheeky
jsc8116
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any suggestions....
twinmom'97
AG
I have gone to DR Satterfield for years. He also teaches at the dental school, so sometimes it is difficult to get an appointment. Office is at Research at Cochrans Crossing, behind Boston Market etc.
I also have seen Carrie Solomon (sp) Her office is on Budde rd near Nursery.
Barnacle
AG
When I worked in the Woodlands, I used to go see Dr. Holsey down on 1960. He's fantastic and believe it or not everyone in the office is a lot of fun. I had just broken my jaw and had to have some repairs done. Even though I live near Reliant Stadium now, I've decided I'm going to start going back up there again.

David E Holsey DDS Inc(0.7 miles)More Info17222 Red Oak Dr Ste 107, Houston, TX 77090
Apply NowPhone
281-440-3530
ba05
AG
I'm sure whoever you go to, they'll try to up-sale you and get you to buy a $600 nightguard.

I'm an anti-dentite.
aggiedent
AG
Or for real grinders/bruxers out there..................forget the nightguard and spend thousands of dollars later getting crowns.

I have never suggested getting a nightguard to ANYONE who does not need it. In fact, I wear one myself.

Upsale????.............I don't know what business you're in, but apparently you're applying its ethics to dentistry.
SJEAg
AG
I went to Dr. David Ryder growing up...my mother still uses him. I thought he was great (and I am cavity free as well). I don't have a phone number, but his office is in a medical building near the Woodlands Memorial hospital.
Kuz89
AG
Do they need to be in The Woodlands? Dentist price their services by comparing prices in the area. That area is way overpriced if you are just looking for regular services.
aggiedent
AG
Sorry Kuz............while you are correct that dentists do compare prices, that is not how services/procedures are priced.

It's all based upon the insurance companies UCR schedule for any given zip code. Spring UCR fees are essentially the same as Houston, but more than a rural zipcode like Cypress or Waller.

A dentist can charge higher fees than the UCR limits, but it is risky to do so. The ins company will inform the patient that the DDS is charging fees higher than they allow and things that are normally fully paid, like exam/cleanings, cost the patient money.

Most dentists do call each other and check on fees.........the upshot is.........most dentists charge the UCR limit or just below it. So the Woodlands in general will be no more expensive than other areas of Houston or Spring..............................UNLESS you choose to go to one of these SELF-professed cosmetic guys like Guy Lewis............then you WILL pay through the nose for no better dentistry than anywhere else.
Kuz89
AG
aggiedent, based on your handle I'm not going to question your information. All I know is after living in The Woodlands and paying TW dentist bill for 6+ years, I was surprised by how much cheaper things were in Tomball. I may have mis-understood my dentist but when I asked here about the price difference for the same services she reference a "survey" of area dentist as the basis for the cost.
aggiedent
AG
Yes, Tomball has lower UCR limits than Spring.

I sit on the NW corner of an intersection. South of the intersection is Houston, NE of the intersection is Tomball, and NW (where I am) is Cypress.

We keep a post box in Houston for the simple reason that Cypress has 20% lower UCR fees than Houston. Stupid really.
Kuz89
AG
After re-reading your post your explanation makes sense. Thanks for the info.

Nice thing is I paying less for better service, and she(new dentist) is nice to look at as well!
jsc8116
AG
They dont have to be in The Woodlands, I moved to Spring Trails just south of TWL, so I thought that would be close...
Jess96
AG
I see Dr. Scott Young in The Woodlands. It's not hard to get an appointment, his staff is very friendly and he has never tried to sell me anything cosmetic (like teeth whitening, etc). I highly recommend him.

http://www.woodlandsdentistry.com
Infinitis
Dr Brett Murphey and the whole Woodlands Family Dental team. This is the most well run dental office anywhere. The highest quality, best value and customer service you'll find. Also, he is an Aggie and so is Dr Nalley.

Woodlandsdental.com
281-681-9600
FW Declerk
Damm this board sucks
clintaggie04
AG
idiot.
Dr. Nefario
This guy's on the north side, maybe a little too far north though.

water turkey
Dr. Gabriel Polo (Aggie)

By the Randalls at 242 and 1488
StillNotAnAggie
Dr. Muzny. (Aggie)
http://www.carriemuznydds.com

clintaggie04
AG
Guys this thread is from 2007. No need to keep adding names.
shihitemuslim
AG
Dr. Kevin D. Yeh, DDS
Dentist

Address: 3100 FM 2920, Spring, TX 77388
cheeky
AG
Muzny by a landslide. Not even close.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.