Houston
Sponsored by

Houston Texans

19,269 Views | 168 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ferris Wheel Allstar
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will preface by saying I am not die hard fan, just listen to sports radio for my 20 minute commute....

It seems to me the Texans have an opportunity this off season to right the ship by hiring a good coach and drafting well. So far they have interviewed or will interview a solid list of candidates inccluding Sean P and Demeco Ryans. I personally like the thought of bringing Demeco back to the H. Then having 2 first round picks doesnt hurt.

If they get this right, could they be the annual nfl team that goes from worst to 1st in their division?
redag06
The Roughnecks are the football team in this town.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
No
Chewy
AG
I don't wish ill on the Texans but I'm going to laugh when Indy trades up or threatens to trade up costing the Texans picks to get Bryce Young when they could have just lost to them and got the #1 overall pick.

It's so Texans.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
redag06 said:

The Roughnecks are the football team in this town.
Still got my hat from the 2020 season. Maybe I'll actually make it to a game this time!
Kenneth_2003
AG
I'm convinced the problem with the Texans is above the pay grade of head coach.
Waltonloads08
AG
What coach would want this job?

Bill O'Brian would probably turn it down at this point its been so mismanaged.
jetch17
AG
Did they say Sean P wants $25M/year?

Guess he's going to Denver.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

apparently it was Jack Easterby or whatever his name is that was the issue in the front office. He was the one that all the players hated according to the radio.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Waltonloads08 said:

What coach would want this job?

Bill O'Brian would probably turn it down at this point its been so mismanaged.
For arguments sake, Two 1st round picks which means you can basically pick your QB, a stud RB from the draft last year, decent oline, another 1st round WR coming back which is basically making a 3rd first rounder. A easy division.

compared to:
Arizona's **** show with a QB who won't be back at the start of the season and is locked in for a long term deal
even worse, Denver with Russell Wilson's noodle arm and long term deal.
Indy's owner is a raging alcoholic that goes off the rails
Carolina is my guess where Payton ends up bc their owner will spend the $
Booma94
AG
To paraphrase what was once said about POTUS, never underesitmate Cal's ability to F everything up...
schmellba99
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

I will preface by saying I am not die hard fan, just listen to sports radio for my 20 minute commute....

It seems to me the Texans have an opportunity this off season to right the ship by hiring a good coach and drafting well. So far they have interviewed or will interview a solid list of candidates inccluding Sean P and Demeco Ryans. I personally like the thought of bringing Demeco back to the H. Then having 2 first round picks doesnt hurt.

If they get this right, could they be the annual nfl team that goes from worst to 1st in their division?
Read that bolded sentence. Then read it again. Focus on the first part of the sentence and then ask yourself "which NFL franchise am I talking about here?".

I am sure that you'll see the error in your train of thought soon enough.

This is the Texans vato. The Texans. They make Cleveland look like a dynasty of success and top tier management.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I will say, I think they might be headed in the right direction for once
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
If they hit on a couple draft picks it could turn around. Don't know if Young is the answer, or if he will be available, but they can't go into the season with Mills starting. If they don't draft a kid with #2, then they have to bring in a journeyman. Not saying Baker, but maybe somebody like him that won't break the bank and has won a couple games in the past. Is Case Keenum still in the league?
bigjag19
AG
She married for love.
Kenneth_2003
AG

Kenneth_2003 said:

apparently it was Jack Easterby or whatever his name is that was the issue in the front office. He was the one that all the players hated according to the radio.

Then go a step up and can the GM.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Kenneth_2003 said:

Houston sports radio guys have obsessively talked crap about (and likely fapped to) every Texans front office guy in the history of the organization. Anyone remember how they used to go off on Rick Smith (AKA "Rick Smitts according to local sports radio callers and hosts)? They've been whining about the GM since Chollie Casserly left town.

One of the reasons local sports radio became nearly unlistenable to me is the obsession w/ front office name-dropping. They barely even talk about the sport, because they're too busy trying to sound like insiders.

The sad truth is the Texans were tainted by the presence of Classy Mike - the great offense evaluator - and like A&M, will struggle to ever come back from his classy taint.
redag06
If you believe that….I've got some ocean property to sell ya.

CDUB98
AG
Anyone have any solid information on why som many people disliked Easterby?
BoxingAg84
CDUB98 said:

Anyone have any solid information on why som many people disliked Easterby?

wasntme
bigjag19 said:

She married for love.

That is Bob McNair's kids on the right, Cal and Hannah.
(Siblings not married)
I Am A Critic
wasntme said:

(Siblings not married)

Wrong.
Username checks out.
W
AG
McClain would have had no problem with what Easterby was doing...if he had been leaking to him
wasntme
I Am A Critic said:

wasntme said:

(Siblings not married)

Wrong.
I stand corrected.
Wow, I thought they were brother and sister. No way I thought that man was married to her. Yes, I agree with the sarcasm now.
Why else would she be married to Sheriff Buford?
Chewy
AG
W said:

McClain would have had no problem with what Easterby was doing...if he had been leaking to him
And the McNair's were okay with it. You can't take anything he says about the Texans seriously because he's so up the McNair's backside.

Between his personal ego and loyalty to the McNair's he's a bunch of hot air.

I follow him on Twitter just for his asinine knee jerk reactions but don't take anything he says seriously. He puts no real thought into anything he does anymore.

It's a tired act.
Booma94
AG
Chewy said:

W said:

And the McNair's were okay with it. You can't take anything he says about the Texans seriously because he's so up the McNair's backside.

Between his personal ego and loyalty to the McNair's he's a bunch of hot air.

I follow him on Twitter just for his asinine knee jerk reactions but don't take anything he says seriously. He puts no real thought into anything he does anymore.

It's a tired act.
He's been a buffet-grazing, name-dropping, self-agrandizing (did you know he's the president of the HOF selection committee and he was in the movie Seabiscuit?), bad take spewing hack for a long time.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
redag06 said:

If I believe what?
MAS444
AG
I wasn't encouraged that things were getting better until I saw Cal's new pinky ring. I'm back on the wagon now - fire up Clay Walker!!!! Yee-haw!!!!
Bogey1996
MAS444 said:

I wasn't encouraged that things were getting better until I saw Cal's new pinky ring. I'm back on the wagon now - fire up Clay Walker!!!! Yee-haw!!!!
Lol, in all fairness, that looks like one of those smart rings, not the best to wear on pinky but that might be the biggest size they offer.

I love the Demeco hire. If he brings in a good offensive staff, we should be on the right track.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
I think that is his normal wedding ring and he just got too fat and had to move it down a finger.
MAS444
AG
Way to knock me off my Texans high.
redag06

redag06 said:

If I believe what?
That Easterby was "the issue"
MAS444
AG
Can't believe there's people on here defending Easterby. He was despised and well known to be a cancer in the organization. Coming from many, many sources.
CDUB98
AG
I'm not defending Easterby. I'm trying to find out more information.

So far, only one, biased, source has been provided. Where are quotes from these multitudes of people.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
redag06 said:

redag06 said:

If I believe what?
That Easterby was "the issue"
I dont have a clue if he was or wasnt, was just relaying what I heard on the radio from a former NFL player.

As a casual fan, all I really care about is we hired the best available coach and didnt have to bend over like the Broncos did.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.