Houston
Sponsored by

Washing Machine Repair in West Houston?

1,673 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Know1
Marvin_Zindler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have any recommendation for a repairman?
woodyhayes
is there still such a thing ? Theyre made to just throw out and get a new one.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Not if you paid $3k for one the has a touch screen and tweets when it's done.
agproducer
AG
What is wrong with it? You may be able to fix it yourself. I have a top load washer that wouldn't drain. It turned out to be the lid switch. I replaced it in about 10 minutes and the part cost 25 bucks. I also had to replace the agitator. That was only about 20 bucks. There are how-to videos online. But, if they are front loading, you probably should call a repair guy. Unfortunately, I don't have one.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
On the high spin cycle, the washer vibrates and jumps really badly to the point of moving and bumping into the dryer next to it. I have tried to re-balance the loads of clothes, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. The feet are also level, so I know that it not the issue as well.
agproducer
AG
There are some repair videos online for repairing top-loading machines. You may want to check it out. You could always try it yourself first, and if you can't do it call a repair guy. The unbalanced problem may need a pro.

I was just looking around, and the Kenmore ones have springs that can fail. The repair looks easy. It's a quick fix and the spring is about $5. Ones with counterweights are more complicated.
Bondag
AG
hodgesco said:

On the high spin cycle, the washer vibrates and jumps really badly to the point of moving and bumping into the dryer next to it. I have tried to re-balance the loads of clothes, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. The feet are also level, so I know that it not the issue as well.
Have you tried adding about 300 pounds to the top of the washer during the spin cycle?
cgarcia23147
My old neighbor owns Katy Appliance. He's very reasonable. 281-391-2288
Know1
AG
cgarcia23147 said:

My old neighbor owns Katy Appliance. He's very reasonable. 281-391-2288
+ 1 on Katy appliance
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.