Houston
Sponsored by

Tempurpedic in Houston

3,334 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bondag
DantheAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The wife and I are thinking about buying a tempurpedic bed. I have lower back pain and sleep hot, so probably will have to get the most expensive version. Given that, it looks like that bed costs more than my first car! What are some cheap options to buy this type of bed in Houston? Will Gallery furniture negotiate much on their price? Are they still running that special that if you pick the president you get it free? What are some other good options to buy this bed? Thank you.
Martin Q. Blank
Costco
Engine10
AG
Pretty sure all tempur pedics are price locked, could be wrong though.
lb sand
AG
http://texags.com/forums/38/topics/2630268
Diggity
AG
check out Casper or Leesa. My friends swear by them.

88jrt06
AG
DantheAggie said:

The wife and I are thinking about buying a tempurpedic bed. I have lower back pain and sleep hot, so probably will have to get the most expensive version. Given that, it looks like that bed costs more than my first car! What are some cheap options to buy this type of bed in Houston? Will Gallery furniture negotiate much on their price? Are they still running that special that if you pick the president you get it free? What are some other good options to buy this bed? Thank you.

Get the middle of the road Tempurpedic.
Add the adjustable base.
Pay.
3 months later -90 nights- you won't give a damn about 500 bucks. Great mattress. Base -flexibility. Game changer.
mts6175
AG
I looked at them, ended up going with an iComfort Savant III. When I compared costs, just couldn't justify it for how good the iComfort felt to me personally vs the Tempurpedic.
ccolley68
AG
Just my $0.02 as a tempurpedic owner:

My wife absolutely loves it.

I on the other hand hate it! It's very hot in the summer time. I have more pain, get less restful sleep, and sleep more uncomfortably than any other bed I have ever slept on. Not worth the money to me. The best sleep I ever get is on an old school traditional spring mattress at the deer lease. I fall straight to sleep and could sleep forever on it to catch up on all the sleep I have missed on my tempurpedic.

And it makes mattress olympics a little tougher. You don't get the natural springiness with the motion you get with a traditional mattress.
Token
AG
Had one for three years. It gets insanely hot and isn't worth it.
Dill-Ag13
AG
ccolley68 said:

And it makes mattress olympics a little tougher. You don't get the natural springiness with the motion you get with a traditional mattress.

You can just call it sex.
BBRex
AG
We got ours at Gallery Furniture, and they had an older model on sale. Wasn't a whole lot off, but it was something.
marble rye
AG
Too squishy and hard to move around on. For a week, I slept great. Then had lower back pain from there on out. Needed something firmer. And as othersuch have said...HOT AF.
ccolley68
AG
CinchAG97
Seriously, you should look at Sleepopolis and read about alternative memory foam mattresses for 1/3 of the price of a Tempurpedic.

I ordered a Leesa which should arrive today, and it will be replacing our 10 year old Serta memory foam.
gindaloon
AG
http://texags.com/forums/34/topics/2791818
03_Aggie
As mentioned already, temperpedics are usually Locked on price. What you'll need to find is someone who gets around it by offering you "trade in" value on your current mattress.
The Wonderer
AG
ccolley68 said:

When Dill says sex, the last thing you should think of is children!!!
ccolley68
AG
It's where they come from
AggieClays
AG
Serious post: Call a Mattress Firm clearance center. Just bought a Tempur Pedic Supreme Breeze for 40% off.

They end up selling any returned mattresses at a steep discount. Don't remember what all they do, but they thoroughly disinfect, inspect, and guarantee your satisfaction or your money back. The mattresses are essentially brand new, but might have been slept in for 10-45 days. I never told my wife that ours was used, and doubt she will ever know. Good luck, they really are great mattresses.
aggiebq03+
I know you used to be able to get a doctors note for back pain and could avoid paying sales tax. Might look into that as it could save quite a bit on an expensive mattress.
MrJonMan
AG
AggieClays said:

Serious post: Call a Mattress Firm clearance center. Just bought a Tempur Pedic Supreme Breeze for 40% off.

They end up selling any returned mattresses at a steep discount. Don't remember what all they do, but they thoroughly disinfect, inspect, and guarantee your satisfaction or your money back. The mattresses are essentially brand new, but might have been slept in for 10-45 days. I never told my wife that ours was used, and doubt she will ever know. Good luck, they really are great mattresses.

I don't know if I could do that, weirds me out not knowing what. Happened on it before I owned it
RK
AG
I'd like to think some pretty awesome stuff happened...but they probably just Had to hose cheeto stains and d*** dandruff off of it.
May_May
Hey Dan - I actually have a 1 year old tempur pedic that I would like to sell. As others have mentioned, it just gets too hot for my liking. It's a queen size with an adjustable base. I moved it into a storage unit off Washington Ave (stored flat, because you can't store a TP on its side). In great condition. Let me know if you are interested. I'm happy to provide pics. I think I paid ~$4,600 for it. Would like to get $2,500.
Kujo30
AG
I've had a Purple mattress for about 3 months now and it's magical. Foam based but has a polymer grid layer that is comfy and keeps you cool.

www.OnPurple.com
Bondag
AG
1. Go to Ashley in CS.
2. Buy mattress.
3. BTHOBama
4. Profit
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.