Houston
Sponsored by

Youth Soccer in Spring area?

1,646 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jeffk
Col. Steve Austin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My youngest daughter lives in Spring (Harmony Creek, east of 45 off Rayford Road near Grand Parkway). My 7 y.o. granddaughter has decided she doesn't want to continue gymnastics and wants to get back into soccer. She played 1 fall season in the Klein soccer league a couple of years ago when they lived in another area. Daughter doesn't want to put her back in that one as it was "too far".

Any recs for leagues close to the area where they live? Doesn't have to be the highest level of competition, just want her to have some fun, get some exercise and maybe learn some soccer skills.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Any club besides the Texans.
StillNotAnAggie
The leagues we have looked at are:
I-9, practices and plays on Saturday they play at Falconwing park in The Woodlands. (My kids play this one)
Rush, practices 1-2 times a week off of 242, games on Saturday. I know some teams practice in Benders, but I am not sure what age.
Legends, haven't looked into this one.
I have also heard about the Dutch Lions, this is off of 1488, but I don't know anything about it.

Unfortunately there isn't anything close to this side of the freeway.
JYDog90
AG
UScore by Hooks Airport?
agracer
AG
Dutch Lions caused Conroe soccer all kinds of problems a few years back and they lost their membership / league /whatever with TYSA. Careful if you go that route.
ghouse
AG
Texas Rush in The Woodlands
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
jeffk
AG
Rush is the biggest/best run in the area in my opinion. Most of the kids I had that played for Dutch Lions are now with Rush.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.