Houston
Sponsored by

Official Aggie Football watching thread

2,568 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Waffledynamics
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We need an official thread for this instead of 19 different ones per game. Since this will be the only game I watch here in town, I need feedback on how new Pub has been for game watching. Do they have audio? How is the service? Do they have bottles of Ace to pop afterwards?

suburban cowboy
AG
going to check out the new Pub this Saturday
Aggie1391
Tried to go to Pub for the Auburn game. We got there at 4:30 and the place was obviously packed already. I'm a fan out the new outside area, and the inside area looks pretty nice too, but way too crowded. They had run out of buckets, and we could only find one table, which was outside in the sun. I left after one beer. I noticed they did have the audio on for the Bama - Ole Miss game though.
Chewy
AG
I'm going to Pub.

<mic drop>
<end of thread>
<pull the plug>
<burn it down>
David_Puddy
AG
Wasn't too terrible for the Arky game honestly. Certainly no open tables, but if you get there early enough, you should be good obn securing one. So let's plan on getting there around noon.
FW Declerk
Yep get there early.Went for the Aub game could hardly see the TV.>>Service was spotty to buy from the outside bar.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
Wasn't too terrible for the Arky game honestly. Certainly no open tables, but if you get there early enough, you should be good obn securing one. So let's plan on getting there around noon.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
the sips should be leaving about 130pm when the Cowboys open up that on the sips in the 2nd half.
digging tunnels
AG
Was told by a football regular that went two weeks ago. it took forever to get bucket of beer. And when bucket of beer arrived it was still warm. Place has gone down hill since Paolucci is not involved anymore
McJulie-O
AG
I'm in Houston for the weekend and am looking for a place to watch us beat the tar outta SC... Did the Santikos theater effort to show the game not extend to this one?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
It's game day.
The Milkman
AG
I'll give Pub a try this week. It's a semi smaller game so maybe it'll be easier to get a spot
Texaggie7nine
Gonna try docs motorworks
7nine
txaggie_08
AG
Kirby Icehouse was nice for game watching and people watching. Some talent walking around there for sure.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Pub was solid last night.
suburban cowboy
AG
txaggie_08 said:

Kirby Icehouse was nice for game watching and people watching. Some talent walking around there for sure.

Can you actually get a decent view of a tv there?
RK
AG
it was a straight Charlie foxtrot when I drove by before the game. think there was a karbach event or something going on...
txaggie_08
AG
We got lucky. As soon as we walked to the back outdoor area a table of people were getting up so we ended up with front row seats. Wasn't bad game-watching, but the people watching was better.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I did not like watching NFL games on Sunday there. The manager would not change channels bc they are 'set' before the games start. It is a huge pet peeve of mine when absolutely no one is watching the tv and bars refuse to turn the channel.
Texaggie7nine
Doc's Motorworks was pretty bad ass. Unfortunately only about 30 or so Ags there out of all the people. But a cool spot to watch, especially out on the patio.

Sips left pretty quick after their game and left lots of good seats.
7nine
suburban cowboy
AG
Anybody at Kirby ice
AggieTJ
AG
Where's the after-party tonight Houston???
Liquid Wrench
IceCream14 said:

Anybody at Kirby ice
I'm the guy in the fishing shirt. Say howdy and I'll buy you a beer.
Waffledynamics
AG
Wait, is it no longer at Pub Fiction?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.