Houston
Sponsored by

Houston Open Air Fest a disaster?

3,252 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by rhoswen
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yall hear anything about this?

Apparently people are locked out according to the twitters.
Something about rain, but it's at NRG.

Sucks if you had been looking forward all year to seeing Slayer and Alice in Chains.

I can't imagine how bad the crowd standing around in the parking lot smells right now.

OK. I see they evacuated earlier just on "severe weather warning." Did they not know local news gives a "severe" warning any time clouds show up?
jetch17
AG
Know several out there, said it's a huge CF.

Gates back open, but cancelled the early sets with slayer & AIC being one of the few acts on for the night.

Supposed to rain again tomorrow. Was gonna go for deftones but will probably blow it off hearing about today
rhoswen
AG
I was gonna buy tickets now I'm glad I didn't.

The website said/says "rain or shine." Guess they better add "but not if there's lightning anywhere in harris county"
Liquid Wrench
Guess we can pack away our denim vests with all the stenciled band names until next Summer.
jetch17
AG
Clearing the grounds and evacuating again this afternoon

Social media on fire with pissed off rock folk forced outside of the gates again
Liquid Wrench
The tweets were what I noticed yesterday. Some of them are funny today.

quote:
At a concert wearing all black in the Texas heat. Heavy metal needs a new color scheme. #HoustonOpenAir
jetch17
AG
"We are sorry to report that the weather today is simply not cooperating with us. The forecast calls for lightening in the immediate area on and off all day therefore making it unsafe to human life to reopen the festival. If you haven't already done so, please return to your vehicle and exit the grounds. This decision is extremely upsetting to us and to all the bands that haven't played. We worked hard to put together an amazing festival for a city that deserves an amazing festival. We will announce refund plans on Wednesday morning on our website and social media."
Liquid Wrench
I haven't seen any lightening all weekend. That really sucks for the people who paid full price and waited.
jetch17
AG
It's crazy for all the wrangling to get all those national acts to town only to cut em all.

I imagine the spillover partys over at Dirt and other bars around town oughta be fun tonight anyway
MelvinUdall
It's dumb they cancelled the show, but Lord knows of someone would have been struck by lightening the family would have sued for millions for not shutting it down due to the lightening.
jetch17
AG
Heard it was quite a mob scene over at White Oak last night after avenged sevenfold announced thier show move, and warehouse got swamped with a line around the block after internet rumors spread that deftones would play, only to all be sent home after Warehouse debunked it
zgood10
AG
Can no one spell lightning?
FNG
quote:

Nobody on Facebook can
rhoswen
AG
quote:

I can!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.