Houston
Sponsored by

texans

4,447 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Texaggie7nine
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the offense looks terrible. we were lucky to win the first two games, and tonight it showed against a good D. osweiler needs to stop making HEB commercials and focus on becoming a decent player
agz win
AG
**** you, Bud Adams!
Kuz89
AG
I dropped my emotional attachment to Houston teams a long time ago. My dog thanks me for it since it's quieter now during games

At least I have Blount on my FF team.
FtBendTxAg
AG
They were so outclassed it's not even funny. Completely clowned like little *****es.
Buck Nasty
AG
If you thought the Texans were going to be good, you're gonna have a bad time.
aggiedata
AG
How many millions?? and we get this!!! A cross between Big Bird and Brian Hoyer.

Flashdiaz
AG
All on the coaches the way the team fell apart in every aspect. Defense wasn't ready. Special teams was comical and the offense was inept. Good thing we go back to playing ****ty teams with ****tier coaches.
The Original AG 76
AG
Possibly the worst loss in this pathetic franchise history. When you factor in the supposed talent on this team and the fact that the opponent had a rookie QB this may be the worst. A shutout in the NFL is quite rare and should be a HUGE wake up call that this regime in totally inept.
I quit the NFL when the Oilers left and only follow the Texans with middling interest so its really no big deal. Don't have to waste my Sundays anymore on NFL football.
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
**** you, Bud Adams!
BTW: The REAL criminal was His Emperorness the High Holy BASTA^D Bob Lanier. He refused to even negotiate with Bud who offered to continue to pay his share for the Dome improvements AND fund a YUGE portion of a new stadium. MUCH better deal for Houston than what we ended up with.
Bottom Line Bud was a total ******* and a bully BUT he was also a founder of the AFL and fought like HELL to make sure that Houston had a franchise. He was damn near forced out of town by the POS Lanier and we ( Houston) have paid the price ever since.
MAS444
AG
Did jj watt have a single tackle last night?
Ag_07
AG
The idiots sure do come out thick after a game like that.
randy828
AG
quote:
I quit the NFL when the Oilers left and only follow the Texans with middling interest so its really no big deal. Don't have to waste my Sundays anymore on NFL football.

Exactly!

College Football for me....supporting the Aggies is just like supporting the Oilers...just tease you with enough hope every year....
schmellba99
AG
I watched Clemson vs. GA Tech for the 8 minutes I managed to stay awake instead of this game. Sounds like I chose wisely.

Plus, the NFL turning into a political hack of an organization is really making it harder and harder to watch the games as it is anyway.
FarmerJohn
AG
quote:
Possibly the worst loss in this pathetic franchise history.
It's not even the worst loss in the last four games. Losing 30-0 to the Chiefs in a playoff game is by far a worse showing.
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
I watched Clemson vs. GA Tech for the 8 minutes I managed to stay awake instead of this game. Sounds like I chose wisely.

Plus, the NFL turning into a political hack of an organization is really making it harder and harder to watch the games as it is anyway.
Labor Day weekend was fantastic BECAUSE there was NO NFL. 3 days of real football without the multi-millionaire thugs anywhere to be seen. Wish they would go on permanent strike or something so we could only have the college game on the sports radar !!!
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
quote:
Possibly the worst loss in this pathetic franchise history.
It's not even the worst loss in the last four games. Losing 30-0 to the Chiefs in a playoff game is by far a worse showing.
1A and 1B..maybe I should have said regular season !
sts7049
AG
that's what remotes are for. change the channel.
TexAg15
AG
The Texans are cursed. The Cowboys will win another 5 before they win one. (Might be a hundred years, but still).
Bregxit
AG
quote:
quote:
**** you, Bud Adams!
BTW: The REAL criminal was His Emperorness the High Holy BASTA^D Bob Lanier. He refused to even negotiate with Bud who offered to continue to pay his share for the Dome improvements AND fund a YUGE portion of a new stadium. MUCH better deal for Houston than what we ended up with.
Bottom Line Bud was a total ******* and a bully BUT he was also a founder of the AFL and fought like HELL to make sure that Houston had a franchise. He was damn near forced out of town by the POS Lanier and we ( Houston) have paid the price ever since.
Bud offered to pay for $85 million of a new stadium. That wasn't going to be a YUGE portion. Maybe 25-30%. We literally DID NOT pay the price for several years.

Why anyone thinks it is okay to publicly fund stadiums of any kind is beyond me.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
Why anyone thinks it is okay to publicly fund stadiums of any kind is beyond me.
Not to derail the thread but certainly agree with this.

Unfortunately, the ownership class and political class are very cozy with each other and there are enough meathead voters that will approve just about any bond package the second a team threatens to leave town.

If the US would force the league to install a promotion and relegation system, owners would lose their ability to dangle their local monopoly over politicians and voters. Product on the field sucks? BAM. Relegated to the CFL. Want a new stadium or you'll leave town? Spend your own money or its bye Felicia. New club (or different local club) will take the old place.
schmendeler
AG
hey, the astros have a shot at the wild card, still. give them some love, forget the loser texans!
Diggity
AG
Original Ag always seems to have an oddly revisionist view of history.
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
yep. I may be off on the amount that Bottom Line was willing to pay. I remember a bigger amount but that was a lot of dead brain cells ago HOWEVER... It was Lanier that refused to deal with Bud. Whatever the amount offered it was a NEGOTIATION and His Holiness refused to even play. No doubt the amount would have been greater BUT it takes 2 to negotiate. Not revisionist just a fact. Of course Bud was so hated in Houston that many short sighted folks just said let him go. We were all mad as hell over his ownership but it really was the arrogant Lanier I Rex that blew it.
I was there and know several of the insiders from the city government back then. His Majesty was actually shocked when Bid called his bluff and it cost the taxpayers pert near a BILLION to build the new play pen for the new Billionaire to house his multi-millionaire game players.....
The Oilers never should have been forced out. As bad as they were they were a much better franchise than the zoo we have now. The new owner is a class act and a genuine nice guy, 180 deg from Bottom Line YET..Bud's boys have been to the dance and have an actual history. Would love to have them back sans the dead Adams !

AND I also agree that publicly funded sports play pens are a disaster. In a sane world the owners would pay for their own palaces. Perhaps let the cities put in the infrastructure needed to support and the like BUT not build the stadium. Sadly no city is going to unilaterally disarm and many believe the BS myth that these monstrosities and the pro teams actually contribute to the local economy. Not a single credible study supports the great sports myth !
Bregxit
AG
quote:
quote:
yep. I may be off on the amount that Bottom Line was willing to pay. I remember a bigger amount but that was a lot of dead brain cells ago HOWEVER... It was Lanier that refused to deal with Bud. Whatever the amount offered it was a NEGOTIATION and His Holiness refused to even play. No doubt the amount would have been greater BUT it takes 2 to negotiate. Not revisionist just a fact. Of course Bud was so hated in Houston that many short sighted folks just said let him go. We were all mad as hell over his ownership but it really was the arrogant Lanier I Rex that blew it.
I was there and know several of the insiders from the city government back then. His Majesty was actually shocked when Bid called his bluff and it cost the taxpayers pert near a BILLION to build the new play pen for the new Billionaire to house his multi-millionaire game players.....
The Oilers never should have been forced out. As bad as they were they were a much better franchise than the zoo we have now. The new owner is a class act and a genuine nice guy, 180 deg from Bottom Line YET..Bud's boys have been to the dance and have an actual history. Would love to have them back sans the dead Adams !
If you are talking about NRG, it cost just under $500 million to build of which about $290 million was publicly funded. Which is $290 million too many dollars but nowhere near $1 billion...I digress...

Regarding Bud, keep in mind he first threatened to leave if the county did not let him rip the beloved scoreboard out of the Astrodome to install 10,000 extra seats. The county caved and the people were pissed off to no end. Bud knew then that he was done in Houston. Oilers support dropped off drastically after that fiasco. Remember the threat of TV blackout every single week because they couldn't sell out? I do. Bud knew the city wasn't going to finance a new stadium no matter what so he tossed his number out there to make Lanier and company look like a-holes. Then he took his ball and ran off to Nashville.
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
If you are talking about NRG, it cost just under $500 million to build of which about $290 million was publicly funded. Which is $290 million too many dollars but nowhere near $1 billion...I digress...

Regarding Bud, keep in mind he first threatened to leave if the county did not let him rip the beloved scoreboard out of the Astrodome to install 10,000 extra seats. The county caved and the people were pissed off to no end. Bud knew then that he was done in Houston. Oilers support dropped off drastically after that fiasco. Remember the threat of TV blackout every single week because they couldn't sell out? I do. Bud knew the city wasn't going to finance a new stadium no matter what so he tossed his number out there to make Lanier and company look like a-holes. Then he took his ball and ran off to Nashville.
My bad. Should be It cost Houston almost a BILLION for the stadiumS we had to build for the BillionaireS.. Reliant, Enron and the basketball palace ( can't remember its name) when they ALL threatened to leave to greener pastures back to back to back. I was hoping that Houston would be the first City Of Sanity and tell them ALL to go to HELL and be the only major city in America not to be held hostage by the robber barons of sports. If ALL pro sports ceased to exist it wouldn't bother me a bit.. and I am a recovering Oiler and Astros season ticket holder... ( hate basketball ).
Its insane what the sports elite are doing to the locals. It now where the very idiots who vote for these palaces can't go see their beloved thuggery due to the cost of a ticket. Marie Antoinette would feel right at home in the Lux-O-Boxes of modern sports palaces.....
Boo Weekley
Texans became dead to me when they passed up on JFF. Now I just have to laugh at them and their fans. Lifelong Houstonian and I HATE the Texans. Have fun with your $70MM loser QB and slacker ass Jadayveon Clowney.

I don't know why anyone invests emotionally in this team at all. They've always been crap and will always be crap.
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
quote:

Unfortunately, the ownership class and political class are very cozy with each other and there are enough meathead voters that will approve just about any bond package the second a team threatens to leave town.

If the US would force the league to install a promotion and relegation system, owners would lose their ability to dangle their local monopoly over politicians and voters. Product on the field sucks? BAM. Relegated to the CFL. Want a new stadium or you'll leave town? Spend your own money or its bye Felicia. New club (or different local club) will take the old place.
If only you knew just what an understatement you have just made. I know exactly what type of things that the sports thuggeries do for damn near ALL electeds ! Its unreal the amount of " donations" they and their minions and shell PACS make to the pols not to mention the treatment the ruling class elites receive in the palaces that the hourly workers paid for.
There is not a chance that the light of day will ever reveal the absolute corruption of our political system has mainly cause both side revel in it and the media is equally cozy and CODDLED by the sports thuggery elites...
Bregxit
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

If only you knew just what an understatement you have just made. I know exactly what type of things that the sports thuggeries do for damn near ALL electeds ! Its unreal the amount of " donations" they and their minions and shell PACS make to the pols not to mention the treatment the ruling class elites receive in the palaces that the hourly workers paid for.
There is not a chance that the light of day will ever reveal the absolute corruption of our political system has mainly cause both side revel in it and the media is equally cozy and CODDLED by the sports thuggery elites...
I am confused. You berated Lanier for standing up to Bud Adams in one post, but then deride pols for sidling up to owners in this one. Are you playing both sides of the coin?
BohunkAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Move to Montreal. See how that kind of stuff has worked out for them.
The Original AG 76
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I am confused. You berated Lanier for standing up to Bud Adams in one post, but then deride pols for sidling up to owners in this one. Are you playing both sides of the coin?
I berated Lanier for not doing his job as mayor and negotiating with a businessman 20 plus years ago. Adams didn't coddle anybody not did he cozy up with any pols back then. He was an entity all to himself and it almost ruined the Oilers. He was as arrogant as Lanier. Bud DID suck up to the yokels in Nashville and got a sweet deal out of it in return. Guess he learned what ALL owners now know.
sts7049
AG
quote:
Texans became dead to me when they passed up on JFF. Now I just have to laugh at them and their fans. Lifelong Houstonian and I HATE the Texans. Have fun with your $70MM loser QB and slacker ass Jadayveon Clowney.

I don't know why anyone invests emotionally in this team at all. They've always been crap and will always be crap.

yeah, we sure missed out
Diggity
AG
I feel his pain...I gave up on the Tennessee Oilers in 98 for not trading up to take Ryan Leaf.
Boo Weekley
quote:
quote:

yeah, we sure missed out
Your QB is great. Worth every penny of $70MM.

Do yourself a favor and give up on this team and focus on other things like friends and family and fulfilling hobbies.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
quote:
Move to Montreal. See how that kind of stuff has worked out for them.
Montreal has (had) crappy American style sports franchises. The Expos moved to DC where political corruption is the name of the game. They still don't have any teams that exist in a promotion/relegation type of setup.

But what Montreal does have is EPIC strip joints.
sts7049
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

yeah, we sure missed out
Your QB is great. Worth every penny of $70MM.

Do yourself a favor and give up on this team and focus on other things like friends and family and fulfilling hobbies.
i didn't say who we had now was great. just pointing out the absurdness of your allegiance dying on not picking johnny boy
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.