Houston
Sponsored by

Water Heater - company recommendation

989 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SnowboardAg
Hoelag13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So my string of bad luck continues.. Had my AC replaced yesterday and now my house has no hot water. The water heater is 17 years old so I have known this time was coming. Does anyone have a recommendation for the Cypress area and an estimate of expected cost? What's considered high vs. a reasonable bid?
SnowboardAg
AG
I would think you're looking between 700-1000 installed for a 40 gallon.
Post removed:
by user
Betoisafurry
I just paid a little over $1100 for one in the garage. That included replacing some piping that wasn't up to code.
FtBendTxAg
AG
1000 low to 1700+ high.

Lowe's is actually pretty competitive as long as your plumbing work isn't very old and they just need to replace it. They did my parents for around 1k. But it all depends on the tank you choose as well. Think they went with a lower range 7 year type whirlpool.

Attic installations are always a few hundred more usually. Usually I would have a subcontractor rec, but literally everyone I know is tied up in Louisiana right now.
SnowboardAg
AG
I just paid $1300 for a new 40 gallon water heater (garage floor level) + installation and re piping. That $1300 included the reroute of an AC drain line (and insulation) from the soffit of the house to the master bathroom P-trap.

I would shop this for sure. Maybe you buy the water heater and hire the labor. Some of these other quotes are unbelievable.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.