Houston
Sponsored by

So whats the deal with Snooze?

3,988 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Sazerac
Player 1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
New restaurant in Montrose. Mike Meltser on 610 talked about It on air and I drove by it twice this weekend (Saturday and Sunday) both times lines were out the door and down the block a little ways.

is it really that good?
TheWoodsAg
AG
West Coast/Austin hipster establishment....

White people love brunch, unless you want to wait an hour for $17 breakfast plates on a Saturday/Sunday wait 6-12 months for the lines to die down.
Malcolm52
AG
Breakfast joint that started in Denver. I went a few weeks ago in Denver and it was pretty tasty. They have a bunch of different eggs benedicts as well as the standard pancakes, omelettes, etc. Everything has their unique twist on it and it all seems to work. Good service and place looks to get involved with the local communities.

That being said, the line here in Houston has been stupid since they opened. I look forward to checking it out once the line chills out. At the end of the day its good breakfast, but you can get that lots of places.
Marsh
AG
Pretty typical at all locations to need to wait an hour to two hours + on Saturday and Sunday, no matter how long it's been open; however, you can put your name on the waiting list and they will text/call you when a table is available. Really simple if you live near the area.
drumboy
AG
I love me some good breakfast but I get plssed off when I'm hungry. I was ready to throwdown at Empire a while back when the couple in front of us had 3 other couple jump in line right before we hit the register a few years ago.

I jumped them fools in line and luckily they didn't get too mad cause I wouldn't want to get banned and not ever get one of those Milky Ways again.
Smee
It is as stated so far. A little hipster, waiting period, a little pricy, food, but good food.
jetch17
AG
at least standing in line at Breakfast Klub has better people watching
swimmerbabe11
quote:

still haven't been
E
AG
it always cracks me up to see people who wait in line that long for a restaurant
Aggie1391
Went the weekend they opened. The wait was about 90 minutes, but they text you when your table is about to be ready. We walked over to Hay Merchant, had a couple beers and then walked back. The food is pretty good, although maybe a bit overpriced.
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
it always cracks me up to see people who wait in line that long for a restaurant

Especially for brunch
terradactylexpress
Went to one in Phoenix and was severely underwhelmed.
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
quote:

still haven't been
Boo Weekley
You do know that Luby's offers an all you can eat breakfast from 8-11am on the weekend for $6.79 right? Just bring in a flask of champagne or vodka for the OJ.
Goodest Poster
AG
quote:

But then you're stuck eating the food.
Diggity
AG
If the typical wait time is an hour or two, I don't think they're overpriced.
drumboy
AG
quote:
quote:

But then you're stuck eating the food.
Wings & Waffles or Catfish & Grits were on point every time I've been to the Klub.
Lot Y Tailgate
AG
I went this weekend, it helps to have a friend that lives in Montrose that can go put a name on the list while you are still asleep.

Food prices were reasonable, food was good, but I won't go back if I have to wait in line. And there was no bottomless/cheap drink option which sucked.
Malcolm52
AG
quote:
You do know that Luby's offers an all you can eat breakfast from 8-11am on the weekend for $6.79 right? Just bring in a flask of champagne or vodka for the OJ.
I am all for saving some money, and I am not a huge go out and go big on brunch fan, but i willing to guess most people to not think these are interchangeable experiences.

Love lubys though
Boo Weekley
quote:
quote:
I am all for saving some money, and I am not a huge go out and go big on brunch fan, but i willing to guess most people to not think these are interchangeable experiences.

Love lubys though
You're right, a lot of humans crave acceptance and attention more than they crave the actual food, and there is nothing wrong with that. To each their own.
drumboy
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Love lubys though
You're right, a lot of humans crave acceptance and attention more than they crave the actual food, and there is nothing wrong with that. To each their own.

So Lubys has comparable breakfast food to Snooze?
Boo Weekley
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Love lubys though

So Lubys has comparable breakfast food to Snooze?
Probably better. But it's not a place to "see and be seen", unless you're wearing Depends or using a walker.

JK, I haven't tried their breakfast but recently saw a sign for it when I was there for lunch and want to give it a shot.

But I would rather wait 3-4 minutes for a solid cheap breakfast than 1.5 hours for a great one.
Boo Weekley
nm
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
been to the one in san diego and tempe, good both times
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Quote:

f you haven't been able to snag a table at Snooze, you're not alone. The vibrant breakfast restaurant which debuted its first Houston location last year has maintained a packed house since opening day, often commanding long lines and nearly two-hour wait times for its whimsical breakfast creations.
Luckily, a Snooze expansion is on the horizon. Brace yourself for two new locations this summer at Town & Country Village off West Sam Houston Tollway and Lowell Street Market in the Heights. Snooze's current Houston location sits at 3217 Montrose Boulevard.
Texaggie7nine
Do yourself a favor if you want breakfast. Hop over a few block to Biskit Junkie.
Parking sucks but deal with it.
7nine
Malcolm52
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Do yourself a favor if you want breakfast. Hop over a few block to Biskit Junkie.
You liked it? I tried it about a year ago and the place was trashed, dude behind the counter yelled at a guy trying to order a burger even though it was on the menu. Then the biscuit was dry and crumbled

I was pumped to try it, but it was pretty meh. Think its worth another shot?
Texaggie7nine
Malcolm52 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

You liked it? I tried it about a year ago and the place was trashed, dude behind the counter yelled at a guy trying to order a burger even though it was on the menu. Then the biscuit was dry and crumbled

I was pumped to try it, but it was pretty meh. Think its worth another shot?
I've been at least 5 or 6 times. Always weekend mornings. Every time I love it. The Chicken and Waffles or the Biscuit sandwiches are usually what I get. Although I must say I have not had one of their biscuits that I had not completely smothered in their gravy which you have to order separately.

Though if you went almost a year ago I would not think it would be trashed because I don't think it's even a year old yet. It's a new location on westhiemer near montrose. Maybe you went to the old location outside the loop?
7nine
Mr_mo8268
AG
I have been to the original Snooze in Denver that was really good food. Wait was ridiculous Sunday so we walked a block over to Hay Merchant which was pretty dope.

I agree with most of the above posts about Snooze. Also, don't knock on people that like to have good food and embrace Houston's restaurant culture. This city has many great places and they're always popping up. I like Luby's from time to time but think its OK for someone to be into the new brunch places in town regardless of hipster, overpriced, long wait time, etc attributes.
Malcolm52
AG
Went to the westheimer location. Maybe it was when they just opened and they were working out the kinks still
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I went to the one in Seattle and walked over to Hay Merchant while waiting for our table.
Sazerac
AG
Ate at snooze on Austin a couple weeks ago. Got there just before 1 on a Saturday and it was a full 45 min wait. Didn't realize it was a chain until we asked. Mixed Tex Mex Benedicts was fantastic.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.