Houston
Sponsored by

Recs for construction attorney in Houston

1,770 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by big ben
shihitemuslim
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are building a house and need recs for a construction attorney in Houston.
Satellite of Love
Did you also forget to get permits?
shihitemuslim
AG
No. We are bidding the plans to contractors. We are using the AIA contract but want to use someone through the process.
AgAttorney2010
AG
Bellard
AG
I would have your attorney look at the AIA contract. Very favorable to contractors. I am on the lenders side in commercial construction and we would never use the AIA contract
KW02
AG
What is the issue generally? Shoot me an email and we can discuss or get you in the right direction. kweynand at gmail.com
sangredevino
Most folks use the AIA and add a supplement to replace verbiage and/or modify the document to tailor it to their needs.
Build It
AG
quote:
I would have your attorney look at the AIA contract. Very favorable to contractors. I am on the lenders side in commercial construction and we would never use the AIA contract

That's ridiculous. What it does do pretty well is try to relieve the Architect of any responsibility.

big ben
AG
AIA is not in favor of contractors by any means. OP Google Jeff Dinerstein for help, he's a fantastic Const attorney
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.