Houston
Sponsored by

Needing short term lease / rental - ITL

1,675 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Diggity
Daytona22
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I recently put our house on the market as we had broken ground on building a house that is supposed to be finished at the end of November / early December. It sold much quicker than we were anticipating but had a backup (or so we thought) of a garage apartment that would allow short term leases and dogs. Well they ended up finding someone who would do a long term commitment and so we are back at square one with a closing on our current house of September 30. We are going to need a place September 23 through early to mid-December. We are looking at all options right now from renting a house, garage apartment, to possibly looking into an apartment. If anyone knows of something that might be available and open to a short lease, I'd appreciate it getting passed along. We have 2 dogs (50 lbs and 25 lbs) which are kenneled if we aren't at the house.

Area of town we are looking for is somewhere in the loop. Montrose, Heights, Washington Corridor, etc. Currently living in Rice Military.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Not ITL and as ideal as what you're looking for, but we'd consider our home in Katy as a short-term rental. Available 9-16 (ish).

email me at username at gmail if any interest
Daytona22
AG
Thanks. Katy is a little out of the way for us. I have a few places I can stay in The Woodlands if we decide to go out to the 'burbs. Closer to work for us to be north than west. Appreciate the offer!
Liquid Wrench
Might check out some apartment complexes along TC Jester/18th Street/Ella (obviously not the super run down ones). I think they're more flexible on dogs than a newer highrise. The rent on a short-term lease will suck, but that's the way it is.
SnowboardAg
AG
With all options, maybe negotiate with an extended stay place. I know some folks that did that near galena park. Not ideal, but may be competitive on the short term.
mts6175
AG
I'm at Virage Apartments on a short term lease and it's a dog friendly community. I know several others in the area do the same. The rents are not bad for a 6 month lease, i thought it would be a lot worse. You can find them in the area for ~$1500.
Texan1976
I know someone who rented out a condo at the Four Seasons downtown in your circumstance. The price was shockingly reasonable. Might want to check it out.
Diggity
AG
Yeah, Four Seasons is desperate to get people in their residence units. Giving some pretty good pricing.
las2112
AG
I have a great House in the heights (1300 Sq ft with a beautiful yard and storage garage) that will be available Mid-september. Landlord is looking for a short term renter and your time frame would be perfect. Landlord is amazing, the house is dog friendly and perfect for a couple. Really really great price as well. Message me if you are still looking I would be happy to give you all the details and put you in contact with my landlord.
FW Declerk
quote:
I have a great House in the heights (1300 Sq ft with a beautiful yard and storage garage) that will be available Mid-september. Landlord is looking for a short term renter and your time frame would be perfect. Landlord is amazing, the house is dog friendly and perfect for a couple. Really really great price as well. Message me if you are still looking I would be happy to give you all the details and put you in contact with my landlord.

Rtt? May accept favors for discounted rate?
Token
AG
quote:
Yeah, Four Seasons is desperate to get people in their residence units. Giving some pretty good pricing.
define "pretty good?"
Daytona22
AG
Yeah... looking online it doesn't look all that great compared to a short term apartment lease.

Thanks las. I responded back to your PM as well. Appreciate the Aggie network. We are hoping to finalize something this weekend.
Diggity
AG
It's not going to be cheap compared to some random lease, just for what you get (furnished, electricity, cable, internet, water, daily maid service, valet parking, etc.)

The published rates are also a lot higher. I want to say one bedrooms were going for around $3,500 for a six month lease.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.