Houston
Sponsored by

Pearland Vet. Recommendations

1,822 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by FCBlitz
aggiebrother33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just adopted a family friends 3 year old boxer because of a death, anyone in Pearland have a vet they recommend? Also, want to get him fixed and curious of the cost for an adult. TIA
drwong
AG
Dr. may at Pearland Pet Health Center. If you want to save on the fixing, you can go to the humane society on Almeda Rd, way cheaper there.
swimmerbabe11
I know it's not Pearland, but I drive out of my way to go to All Pets Animal Hospital in Katy.

Dr. Choyce and his staff are really amazing. (they are mostly aggies)
aggiebrother33
Thanks for the help, I wasn't sure about the spca fixing him. Don't want a hack job done to the guy, he's been thru a tough time as it is.
Moto Ag
AG
DVM Cara Campbell with the West Side Veterinary Hospital has been terrific for us. It's located on Broadway and Harkey, not far from Strickland Chevrolet. They also have a clinic nearer to 288.

The SPCA fixed our sheltie, and they have a fine reputation; no worries. My wife researched that route/option very thoroughly before going with them.

We've heard good things about Claws and Paws between Friendswood and Pearland if you are closer to them.
My wife owns Comfy Critters of Pearland, a pet-sitting service, should you need someone in the future.
civilized05
AG
+1 for Westside Vet. We used to take our dogs to Silverlake Animal Hospital, but after comparing the cost, Westside is much cheaper with same quality of service. We really liked the vets at Silverlake, but not enough to justify the increased cost.

Campbell is great and my parents have also been taking their dogs there for years.
aggiebrother33
Awesome, thanks!
Post removed:
by user
AggieDave02
AG
Westside
Biz Ag
AG
Dr. May has been our vet for years.
South Platte
Unless you get a truly old school vet, most vets these days are high volume get you in and out shops. It's fine, whatever. I used Westside off 518 (both locations) and this is what you get. There are usually 5 other people jammed into the waiting room.

They do have hot admin staff at the Harkey location - - there is a 1/2 Asian/White girl who is extremely talented. They usually have another fairly attractive college-age girl at the front desk.
archangelus2
AG
My Dad is based out of League City and does house-calls out of his mobile vet clinic. It's basically an RV purpose built for vet medicine with full on x-ray machine and surgery room. Particularly worthwhile if you have a lot of pets, you can have them all see on the same visit at your house.

http://www.thelessstressvet.com/

Dr. Roger Terrel
Class of '83
stmiller01
Agree on Humane Society on Almeda for cheaper to get fixed. Otherwise, Dr May or Dr Post at Pearland Pet Health Center. Both are Ags and we always liked them. Had to put our 14-year old pup to sleep yesterday and Dr Post agreed to squeeze us in. She was in a lot of pain and he was really understanding and helped make the process easier.
aggiebrother33
Thanks everyone! Went to Pearland Pet Health and really liked them. Poor guy is a little underweight but overall he's doing well. Will call SPCA on Almeda for fixing, appreciate all the help.
FCBlitz
If have any potentially expensive challenges I would recommend Dr Stein in Needville. He is a Aggie. I live near Sienna and take my two dogs to him. I do have a local vet.....but it has turned into a real doctor office combo spa and the prices have gone up extraordinarily high.

For instance to get the yearly shots I save 50% by going to him. Stein is a old fashion country vet.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.