Houston
Sponsored by

AC Contact

2,059 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Aggiemike96
Hoelag13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I live in Cypress and our AC went out. Does anyone have a reputable AC contact for the cypress area? I have a good feeling it is because our freon is low so I don't want to end up paying $$$.
Aggiemike96
AG
Mike with Arctic Air. Probably a capacitor. About $30 if you want to investigate on your own.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Mike. EOT
shihitemuslim
AG
What could be wrong if the air blowing out is not as cold as it could be?
Aggiemike96
AG
quote:
What could be wrong if the air blowing out is not as cold as it could be?
Capacitor. A common problem if yesterday your AC was working fine and then all of a sudden it's not. Go to your outside unit and listen for a hum. If your inside blower is working (blowing hot/warm air), and the outside unit is not running, usually one of two things:

1) Start capacitor is out (trip to Grainger will get you back up and running).
2) Water pan in your attic is full and not draining (triggering the auto shut-off).

Both of these are pretty easy DIY. Sucks on the weekend though as parts are hard to find until Monday morning.
Aggiemike96
AG
I ALWAYS recommend having spare capacitors on standby. If it's a capacitor, buy two so you have a spare. It's cheap insurance.
cruzdoggie
AG
I have liked working with Enviromax. Also aggie owned!!
shihitemuslim
AG
I hear a hum but the outside fan is running. Do you still think it is a capacitor?
Ags #1
AG
Maybe need more freon?
shihitemuslim
AG
.html

Does this explain what is going on
Smokedraw01
quote:
I hear a hum but the outside fan is running. Do you still think it is a capacitor?

Take your water hose and spray the outside and inside of your unit thoroughly. That might help.
TraditionsPD
AG
Enviromax and Jim are the best
Aggiemike96
AG
Is the outside fan blowing really hot air, or moderately warm? It should be hot air. The unit may need to cool down and hosing it with water will help.
Aggiemike96
AG
I'm not an AC guy, but I have 4 units on my 3 houses and have replaced capacitors on 3 units. Also had one get too hot and had to shut it down for a couple of hours.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.