Houston
Sponsored by

Favorite kolache from Kolache Factory?

14,461 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by schmellba99
JSKolache
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ranchero?
Texas Hot??
???
aTm2004
AG
Sausage, egg, and cheese is my go-to. I also enjoy the turkey and dressing during the fall.
inch05
AG
Ranchero is always solid
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Do yourself a favor:

http://www.morningskolaches.com/
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Jollypeno popper from Mornings

And it didn't take long for kolache dork to pop up. ****ing love kolache dork, almost as much as hates soccer guy.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:

And it didn't take long for kolache dork to pop up. ****ing love kolache dork, almost as much as hates soccer guy.
FtBendTxAg
AG
quote:

Has to be an obvious troll right? Nobody is actually that dew shy I hope. Nvm this is texags. Could be legit.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
quote:
quote:

Has to be an obvious troll right? Nobody is actually that dew shy I hope. Nvm this is texags. Could be legit.
Do not underestimate kolache dork. He is relentless like the tide, and will not stand for anyone mislabeling a morning pastry.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Even when they're literally proven wrong that "authentic" places also label them as kolaches now.

Because, well, we're not in ****ing Czechoslovakia
schmendeler
AG
the bacon and cheese kolaches at kolache shoppe are really good. and different than the usual. the bacon and cheese are distributed through out the dough, rather than a big chunk in the middle. so you get little pockets of cheese and bacon all through out. good stuff!
FtBendTxAg
AG
I went to KF for first time in a few years the other day and their featured one, steak and egg, was solid. But it's all about my ranchero and jalapeo popper
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Sausage, egg, and cheese is my regular but when I go to the one on Shepherd, I go with the chorizo. I wish all the locations had chorizo. I'd still rather have Morning's, though. Too bad they're all on one side of town I hardly make it to anymore.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
For anyone down in the LC, Kolache HQ just opened last weekend on 2094. It is an Asian knockoff of Kolache Factory. Same color scheme and all. It was pretty good. Not going to put Shipleys out of business, but not a bad alternative.
Ragoo
AG
too gd expensive. i'd rather get twice as many from the snowflake donut place and support an eastern-asian american family.
TRL-Ag
quote:
Even when they're literally proven wrong that "authentic" places also label them as kolaches now.

Because, well, we're not in ****ing Czechoslovakia
Yeah it's dorky to hold onto traditions of your family. My bad guys sorry I don't like to sit around and see great things get *******ized.

best I've had in Houston is at the Original Kolache Shoppe - 5404 Telephone Rd, Houston, TX 77087
jpc08
AG
CHICKEN MINIS
jetch17
AG
Good fugging lord
schmendeler
AG
it's a tradition in your family to be the kolache police on internet message boards?
jetch17
AG
Czech people are the worst
Diggity
AG
and a Hamburger is someone who hails from Northern Germany GD'it!!!
Bighamp03
AG
What makes kolache guy even funnier is that when I was in the Czech Republic last summer, no one even knew WTF a klobasnek was. I asked multiple people in Prague and in the countryside.

And "kolache" just basically means "dessert", not specifically what kolache guy thinks is a kolache.

So kolache guy's asshattedness isn't even legit.
MrPlow2010
AG
Sausage and gravy is really good.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Just MHO but Kolache Factory sucks ass. There are so many better places I can't fathom how that garbage is popular.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
Do yourself a favor:

http://www.morningskolaches.com/
I grew up in Clear Lake next to the one there. Ate there a lot.

I'm hard pressed in finding a good Kolache Factory sausage, cheese and egg kolache that is worse than Mornings Kolache. They are both good to me.
7nine
gindaloon
AG
quote:
...I can't fathom how that garbage is popular.
Fatties
FCBlitz
I mostly avoid any kolache places that say. Would you like your kolaches warm? When you say yes they taken the whole bag and toss them in the microwave and instantly ruin them.

Shipleys kolaches smoke (for me at least) cause I can get a kolaches that is at least warm and the bread is not soggy from being warmes in the microwave.
FNG
Weird.

One of those places in West that everybody goes BSC over doesn't think that there is meat in a kolache. In fact, they spell it out pretty clearly as to what they are called.

But hey, keep defending the pig-in-a-blanket made by people that can't spell Czech at your favorite local chain restaurants.

schmendeler
AG
Hey numb nuts, the sausage one is under the heading "kolache"
FNG
But called a "Klobasnik".

I'm sure they didn't want to expand the sign just to add one category with one menu item.

Let's look for another opinion:

03_Aggie
Making the Houston board tine again!
cone
AG
white people
ATM9000
AG
quote:
What makes kolache guy even funnier is that when I was in the Czech Republic last summer, no one even knew WTF a klobasnek was. I asked multiple people in Prague and in the countryside.

Probably because klobasnek was created by Czechs after they immigrated to Texas and not in Europe.

Anyhow **** it. I don't care what whoever is making them want to call it. Give me the delicious bread with sausage cheese and jalapeos in the middle and save your waste of calories fruit filled snacks that everyone knows sucks for your family gatherings where you all pretend to like them more than you really do.
agnatgas
AG
Ranchero

quote:
Czech people are the worst

Jak se mas nouma
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
I'm really surprised we haven't got to a grilled chicken is not fajitas guy on this board.
FNG
His name is Slicer and he posts on the GB
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.