Houston
Sponsored by

When the light turn green......

4,039 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Flashdiaz
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
And as far as OP's original point, this is just another area of "civilization" where we have completely lost any sense of self-awareness & respect for others. When I'm first in line at a red light, I stare at it continuously, because frankly I'd be embarrassed/mortified to not take off as soon as it turns red in courtesy to those behind me.

I would actually be uncomfortable looking down/around/up/anywhere else. Baffling how people can play with their phone or whatever and not feel this basic sense of responsibility.

Similarly are the people who clog up the right lane where there's no dedicated right-turn lane and their going straight. So one person going straight holds up 37 people who could have turned right on red and helped traffic flow more smoothly.

Complete lack of awareness.
this is perfectly acceptable if they are turning right immediately after the light. you don't know their intentions, so you can't judge.
rhoswen
AG
I'd also like to nominate the folks who camp out in the left lane. If you're passing, fine, I'm talking about the people who are either doing the same speed as the people on the right, or there's no one over there at all.
JSKolache
AG
Horns
Flashdiaz
AG
I still think someone should invent an app to notify the user when their light turns green... would be more effective than a traffic light.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.