Houston
Sponsored by

Bramble?

4,198 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BSD
The Milkman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I've got $100 gift card to this place... it any good? Based on a quick look at their menu online and the fact that when I drive by it looks empty I'm skeptical. Also looks like for two of us $100 probably wont even cover our bill.

Whats the board's always level headed critical review?
schmendeler
AG
you realize they closed, right?
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Ouchie mama!
schmendeler
AG
might be why they looked empty.

CLOSED

that said, the chef, randy rucker, makes some delicious food. he's got a history of not sticking with restaurants, however. he seems like a diva.
The Milkman
AG
Son of a *****!

That being said would anyone like to buy my giftcard?
K Bo
AG
I went once and didn't feel like it was up to par at the price point.

More parking for Roegel's!
SO*TX*AG09
Sorry for the tread hijack:

Taking the rib out on a date this weekend. She wants to get out of Katy for the night and eat at a fancy restaurants ITL.

Looking to buy a gift card to Bramble. TIA!
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
Son of a *****!

Sell it online to someone a little schmuckier than you.
Ag_07
AG
Pics first

Of the wife not your rib.
03_Aggie
quote:
quote:
Son of a *****!

Please post an ad on the classified board. Ask like $75 and if someone points out they are closed play it off like you heard they were just reorganizing and should be reopening.
RK
AG
quote:
So I've got $100 gift card to this place...
correction. you've got a $100 gift card to no place...
The Milkman
AG
quote:
quote:
Son of a *****!

That manhunt will take some work
jpc08
AG
Anyone want to buy my gift card to Foul Digits I won off TexAgs? I don't remember how much is on the card but I'll sell it for $45. Great deal!
FtBendTxAg
AG
Didnt bramble just open?
schmendeler
AG
It was open slightly more than a year I believe
BSD
AG
Per his Facebook page, it looks like Ronnie Killen bought Bramble...Killen's STQ (Steak and Q). More bbq in that area seems overkill.

Now that I look deeper, it looks like it is more chef-driven bbq (sauces, presentation, etc) for a sit down meal.
Satellite of Love
Correction, he has a worthless piece of plastic shaped like a credit card.
ccolley68
AG
quote:
Per his Facebook page, it looks like Ronnie Killen bought Bramble...Killen's STQ (Steak and Q). More bbq in that area seems overkill.

Now that I look deeper, it looks like it is more chef-driven bbq (sauces, presentation, etc) for a sit down meal.

Am I alone in thinking this will fail? Don't care how good the BBQ is, IMO, BBQ should be patron selects the meat (from the pit) and then make your way down a serving line of cold sides, finished off with a cup of pintos, all served on butcher paper or similar. Take your own tray to the table. Pick up after yourself when your done. If a BBQ place seats me and I order from a menu, I'll leave. Window service ordering is a hoity toity as BBQ should be allowed to be.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
quote:

Am I alone in thinking this will fail? Don't care how good the BBQ is, IMO, BBQ should be patron selects the meat (from the pit) and then make your way down a serving line of cold sides, finished off with a cup of pintos, all served on butcher paper or similar. Take your own tray to the table. Pick up after yourself when your done. If a BBQ place seats me and I order from a menu, I'll leave. Window service ordering is a hoity toity as BBQ should be allowed to be.
+1
schmendeler
AG
quote:
quote:

it's not going to be barbecue, it's going to a wood grilled menu. so steaks, that sort of thing. he's specifically said he's not doing barbecue so as not to encroach on roegel's turf.
Diggity
AG
Finally! Ronnie Killen announces plans to open a restaurant in Houston
FtBendTxAg
AG
Yusssssss
FtBendTxAg
AG
Sounds like a cool concept, hope it works quickly.

And in the same area, I've seen zero progress made on what was supposed to be Beaver's at the old Texadelphia.

Wish texadelphia was still there :/
Liquid Wrench

quote:
Am I alone in thinking this will fail?
I think Ronnie Killen or any other trendy local 'celebrity' chef could serve repackaged McDonalds and foodies would line up for it.
The Milkman
AG
quote:
Correction, he has a worthless piece of plastic shaped like a credit card.

He told me he would honor it at his next restauarant. Whatever that may be
FarmerJohn
AG
Bramble failed for a variety of reasons, but that building just seems like a bad location. Not really visible, hard to get in and out of, not great parking (but not terrible) and the dining room isn't all that big. If a place is to survive there, I think it needs to be based on high turnover of tables. Or be unbelievably expensive.
AgCPA95
AG
quote:
Sounds like a cool concept, hope it works quickly.

And in the same area, I've seen zero progress made on what was supposed to be Beaver's at the old Texadelphia.

Wish texadelphia was still there :/
There have been some contractors on sight over the past few weeks in the lunch-time hours. It is taking FOREVER to remodel for Beaver's. Damn I miss that queso and mustard blend.
FarmerJohn
AG
Wait...Where is Beaver's supposedly going in?
AgCPA95
AG
quote:
Wait...Where is Beaver's supposedly going in?

Westheimer and greenridge in the old texadelphia next to Christies
BigPuma
AG
RIP texadelphia
BSD
AG
Killens STQ is now taking reservations.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.