Houston
Sponsored by

Dallas to Galveston

1,472 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by shortstackaggie
Truman2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's best route?
Down 45
anyway to avoid going right through Houston and save time?
TXTransplant
You can get on the Hardy just south of The Woodlands and take it to Beltway 8. BW 8 will dump you off on 45 well south of downtown. Both are toll roads. The Hardy is TXTag only now. And this is assuming both roads are open at the time (the Hardy has been closed on weekends fairly often lately).
shortstackaggie
AG
Hardy and BW8 are both toll tag only. NTTA tags work on both.
archangelus2
AG
Check Google Maps for traffic once you get to Conroe and pick the path of least resistance.
Ag_07
AG
30 mins max
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
If you're outside of 3-7 pm, just use 45. Otherwise, use the Waze app to get the fastest route. 45 is a trash heap so if no traffic, consider spending a few bucks to take Hardy from the woodlands to 610 back to 45.
Punked Shank
AG
quote:

I thought BW8 was toll free on the northside? Granted I'm not on that section but 1 or 2 a year, but I don't recall tolls from 45 to 45
TXTransplant
quote:
quote:

I thought BW8 was toll free on the northside? Granted I'm not on that section but 1 or 2 a year, but I don't recall tolls from 45 to 45

The last two times I've taken BW8 in that direction, there were tolls. There is one between BW8 and I-10 and there are a total of three if you take BW8 all the way to 45 south.
shortstackaggie
AG
Going around the east side, there are 3 toll booths. NE corner, ship channel, and SE corner.
shortstackaggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

The last two times I've taken BW8 in that direction, there were tolls. There is one between BW8 and I-10 and there are a total of three if you take BW8 all the way to 45 south.

Beat me to get it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.