Houston
Sponsored by

Northgate Crossing Spring/Woodlands

3,849 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Waffledynamics
AgDC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone live/lived in this neighborhood and have any insights/opinions? It's one area I am considering moving into. I don't have kids so the usual considerations associated with that do not apply (although my nieces/nephew do visit). I would be commuting to downtown Houston. Thanks in advance!
Ag_07
AG
That's pretty far north. I would ask on the Metroplex board.
tlfw378
AG
It is a nice area. My only issue is if you can hear the traffic as you are surrounded by major roads. 2 toll roads and I45. But the location is nice for proximity to Spring and The Woodlands.
htownag10
AG
You can use the HOV lane or Hardy to get downtown. Hardy is now EZ tag only, so no more booths. It's not a bad area at all. Woodlands will have everything you'll need.
Al Bula
AG
That is the tiny triangle bounded by 45, Hardy and GP right? No thanks.
byfLuger41
AG
quote:

I guess Conroe is Oklahoma.
LostInLA07
AG
Does it flood on Memorial Day?
SnowboardAg
AG
I look at a house as strictly an investment. No utility - reason being is if I need to exit, I want the demand to be there. With that said, I lived in the park at Northgate apartments before we purchased our home. Why I would not buy there: spring isd, highway noise, Harris county (when you can almost throw a baseball to Montgomery county and get better insurance rates / taxes), builders had a hard time closing out the neighborhood and I believe some sold their open lots to other starter home developers....No thanks.
TX_AG_10
AG
quote:
I look at a house as strictly an investment. No utility - reason being is if I need to exit, I want the demand to be there. With that said, I lived in the park at Northgate apartments before we purchased our home. Why I would not buy there: spring isd, highway noise, Harris county (when you can almost throw a baseball to Montgomery county and get better insurance rates / taxes), builders had a hard time closing out the neighborhood and I believe some sold their open lots to other starter home developers....No thanks.
Bingo.
GCRanger
AG
It was evacuated during the floods out of fear that the creek would to the levee but I'm not sure if it ever actually flooded.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
quote:

I guess Conroe is Oklahoma.

Hell yeah. Never eat Mexican food north of the BW
AgDC
Thanks for the responses. Some things to think about. Any thoughts on Imperial Oaks in the same area?
byfLuger41
AG
quote:
Thanks for the responses. Some things to think about. Any thoughts on Imperial Oaks in the same area?

Barf.

Rayford road is an abortion that I doubt will ever get better. Very congested, trains, Asian drivers etc.

Back to what RPM said about the highway triangle, I think you'd be better off there just from a logistical standpoint. The traffic noise will almost become second nature after a few weeks. Plus you're just a hop,skip,jump away from all the main arteries if necessary.

It all boils down to your T&P and how far you're willing to commute for work/leisure.

Personally, I enjoy living in Oklahoma (Conroe) because I'm conveniently close to Kyle and NRG. Not to mention my daily work commute is 7 miles one way.

HTH
GCRanger
AG
We just moved into Hannover Forest just west of Holzwarth. So far we really like it a lot. Quiet, not in flood plain, lots of families with young kids (ours are 3 and 2), easy access to 45 and 99, park & ride is 10 minutes away. Access to Hardy will be better once the ramps are open from 99. HEB nearby. A new Kroger shopping center with Torchy's is going in right now at Holzwarth and Spring Stuebner but won't be open for 6+ months.

There are some other nice neighborhoods between Holzwarth and Gosling as well.
Bregxit
AG
quote:
Imperial Oaks here for 10 years. We like it. Rayford does suck at the moment due to the growth but there are plans to try and alleviate some of the congestion. Pretty much anywhere up here whether off Rayford or over in The Woodlands is congested. We have had almost 100,000 people move here in the last 3 years and there are about 150,000 that commute into the area daily.
springtxag
AG
The Hardy/Grand Parkway interchange opened yesterday.
Bregxit
AG
quote:

Which directions are there for the interchanges? I saw Hardy NB will go to GP both east and west. What about GP to Hardy SB?
cwsaggie
AG
I live in 77388 and commute downtown via the HOV or metro bus park & ride and it's not too bad. PM me if you'd like to know more about the area.
StillNotAnAggie
quote:
quote:

Which directions are there for the interchanges? I saw Hardy NB will go to GP both east and west. What about GP to Hardy SB?

I believe that both directions on the GP opened to Hardy SB. But I have only driven it from the East.
randy828
AG
quote:

Fall92
AG
I live in Bainbridge Estates off Louetta and Ella. Small, nice, gated neighborhood and there are several houses currently for sale if you're interested. My wife commutes to downtown on the Hardy and it's 40-45 minutes. Easy access to 99, 45, and Hardy. We can make it to downtown in about 25 on the weekends.

HTH
SnowboardAg
AG
quote:

I would strongly encourage you to rent for a year. You can look around, take your time, try the commute, and ultimately find a neighborhood that will be different than any suggested today. I spent 12 yrs commuting to the woodlands when I came home and told my wife we're moving. I couldn't stand it any longer. I loved the woodlands, loved my job downtown (career progressing nicely), but couldn't do the commute. For your sanity, don't make a tough financial decision as real estate is cooling off. Be patient and you'll find exactly what you want.
tlfw378
AG
I'm in The Woodlands and I can commute to downtown, Galleria area or where ever standing on my head...so my kids can go to good schools.
SnowboardAg
AG
I have 2-3 more hours a day with my kid than you probably do (unless you don't commute during rush hour). I'll take time with them over community amenities. And, there are plenty of great schools if you look in the right areas.
tlfw378
AG
I'm home by 4:30pm. My kids are in college. I have lived in the Houston area for a long time. I know where good schools are as well as where I want to live. It is all great if you want something different then me.
Waffledynamics
AG
quote:
Does it flood on Memorial Day?
Well played.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.