Houston
Sponsored by

Possible move to Houston. Who commutes to Med Center?

11,809 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AggieT
88jrt06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
My favorite posts on this thread are the one claiming 15 minute commute from westbury to downtown followed closely by the one claiming there are $100K houses along braes bayou between Stella link and Kirby. Nice work fellas.

Posted from the 32000 block of some vague 290 settlement.
88jrt06
AG
quote:
quote:
I won't be ballin' anytime soon. Not scared of a diverse neighborhood, just don't want people trying to break in every night. And I'm ok to drive up to 45 minutes.
A diverse neighborhood too close to the med center will equal people trying to break in every night.

Not if 2/3s have advanced degrees.
FTAC2011
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
what will you be doing? med sales?
yes-

anyone commute from spring or tomball?
Spring/Tomball to medical center is one one the most insane commutes ever.

I know I'm late to the party, but I just started commuting to the med center this week. I've left between 6:30-6:45 and arrived at the med center in an hour exactly. It is not near as bad as I thought it would be.

I come from 249/spring cypress. I love living out here.
Mustang1
AG
Just you wait until school is back in session
HtownAg92
AG
quote:
I know I'm late to the party, but I just started commuting to the med center this week. I've left between 6:30-6:45 and arrived at the med center in an hour exactly. It is not near as bad as I thought it would be.
Forum Troll
AG
quote:
Just you wait until school is back in session
True dat.
aTm2004
AG
Enjoy it for a couple more weeks. Once the sex trophies are back in their confines, your commute will probably be 1.5 hours.
ClickClack
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I won't be ballin' anytime soon. Not scared of a diverse neighborhood, just don't want people trying to break in every night. And I'm ok to drive up to 45 minutes.

Katy is the right answer with only a 25 minute commute into downtown

This joke never gets old. Clolololol
WorthAg95
AG
Can anyone tell me what Woodwind Dr. close to Stella Link and Shearn Elem is like? Not worried about a school, only renting for a year. Though do need a daycare option.
Blaine_Bishop
So you are talking just South of 610? It gets a little rough down there, I would try to stay north of 610 there if at all possible.
HtownAg92
AG
It's not bad for a year rental if you don't have to worry about going to Shearn (don't). We rented near there for a year, and it wasn't bad. We talked to the neighborhood beat cop and he said it used to be gang central, but just like every other neighborhood in the area that is near the loop, it is getting gentrified.

The apartments along Stella and Bellfort are pretty sketchy, but once you get closer to Willow Meadows, it gets nicer.
HtownAg92
AG
As for daycare options, we know some people whose kids go to Corpus Christi, which is right there, and there are lots of churches near Stella and Bellaire Boulevard.
AggieT
AG
Grace Episcopal is another daycare option in the area. It's on Bellfort near Willowmeadows.
Jackal99
AG
quote:
Grace Episcopal is another daycare option in the area. It's on Bellfort near Willowmeadows.
I'll second that. We've been using it for over three years and are very happy there.
WorthAg95
AG
quote:
It's not bad for a year rental if you don't have to worry about going to Shearn (don't). We rented near there for a year, and it wasn't bad. We talked to the neighborhood beat cop and he said it used to be gang central, but just like every other neighborhood in the area that is near the loop, it is getting gentrified.

The apartments along Stella and Bellfort are pretty sketchy, but once you get closer to Willow Meadows, it gets nicer.
I guess this is where I'm confused. Har.com just puts a big label randomly denoted Willowbend/Willow Meadows. What are the boundaries of Willow Meadows? Sorry for being ignorant on this one.
HtownAg92
AG
I'm not totally sure, but I think Willow Meadows is considered more South of West Belfort and West of Bassoon. The area you are looking at is called "Westwood".
WorthAg95
AG
No worries. I did a different search and think I figured it out.
AggieT
AG
I would look south of Bellfort, east of S. Post Oak, west of Greenwillow, and North of 90.

I believe that there is a house for rent on the corner of Willowilde and Tonawanda. That would be a good spot. I've also seen a few others near there recently.

Be careful getting too close to 610 without checking to see if the homes flooded last May.
WorthAg95
AG
Thanks!
AgLA06
AG
Glad you could get your house rented!
AggieT
AG
No, but mine might be for sale in the next year or so. I'll keep you posted.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.