Houston
Sponsored by

fbcad - Any Luck

4,448 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Diggity
agcivengineer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just got my protest back with absolutely no change from FBCAD. I submitted using Jubally and got absolutely no change. Jubally said it should have been significantly lower. Anyone have any luck? Has anyone compared the analysis that FBCAD gives you and how Jubally calculates it? I'd like to better understand the analysis so I can go have a formal protest.

Thanks Ags!
Martin Q. Blank

quote:
I just got me protest back with absolutely no change from FBCAD.
Sorry about that laddie.
Stan Crowch
AG
http://www.fox26houston.com/news/173342009-story

Apparently the lovely folks at FBCAD have been blackballing any arbitrator that has a history of siding with homeowners.
Z100
AG
My FBCAD hearing is this Friday and I am going in with Jubally prepared information. will try to remember to report back on this thread.....
Cru
S
We're not having great success. Maybe 70-80% success rate. They are so biased it is sickening. I think we'll likely pull out of FBCAD next year as it's just not worth it with how they handle the process.
Post removed:
by user
agcivengineer
AG
Do you work for/with/own jubally? Any advice you can offer. I can still go in for a formal protest. I just need to know how to compare the fbcad analysis with what data i have.
Cru
S
quote:
Do you work for/with/own jubally? Any advice you can offer. I can still go in for a formal protest. I just need to know how to compare the fbcad analysis with what data i have.
I own it. If you'll send us an email (Support at jubally) and include the data FBCAD provided you, I'll take a look for you.
KW02
AG

FBCAD tried to screw me this year on my market value and assessed value. Jubally told me that they had my market value about 8,000 too high. Both of those numbers were above my assessed value due to caps. None the less, I protested and FBCAD came back and lowered my market value below what they had as my assessed value this year - 20,000. Maybe they screwed up in the settlement offer but turned out good for me in the end.
Mustang1
AG
Same here, FBCAD come down about 25k once I protested. Used comparables method.
bevokilla
AG
I used Jubally and did an online protest. They decided in my online protest that their valuation was fine and no settlement was offered. I have to go in person on the 21st. No idea how that is going to go as I have never done it before.
dahouse
AG
No luck, used Jubally and my hearing was Tuesday. I was hosed.
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
agcivengineer
AG
Cru, Thanks for taking a look at this. My neighbor used Jubally as well as another friend nd all 3 of us had the same result.
KW02
AG
quote:
Same here, FBCAD come down about 25k once I protested. Used comparables method.
Exact same thing here. I am not sure how they could have run "new" comparables that would have differed from what they had my numbers originally pegged at and then reduced me by 20K. Just a big scam.
Cru
S
quote:
No luck, used Jubally and my hearing was Tuesday. I was hosed.
Send us an email with the letter of no change they provided you after your formal and we'll refund you.

Can't stand Ft Bend. They don't even listen.
KW02
AG
Dont leave the Ft. Bend market though. Hopefully it will all get corrected.
Z100
AG
Winner!

I had a formal hearing with FBCAD this morning. Used the reports and tips purchased from Jubally. I was successful and got a reduction to within $100 of the U&E value that Jubally calculated. The tips and instructions included with the report were helpful and I feel like they made the difference in my appeal.
FWIW I reside in Sienna Plantation area.

Cru - your service works - hope that you continue to offer this for FB County.

targeting_review
AG
I also ask that you don't leave Ft. Bend, Cru. Your report was extremely helpful even though i only got a ~$3000 deduction. I'd still use Jubally again.
aggie2007bobcat
I used Jubally, and am happy to say my wife brought in the packet to the informal meeting and our appraisal was lowered to the Jubally suggested total no questions asked. The fbcad appraiser actually commented on how easy it was and wished everyone had a packet as detailed as Jubally. Happy customer here.
agcivengineer
AG
I had a great phone conversation with Cru yesterday and i really appreciate the work he has done for us. He is a good guy, with a good business. We wish you the best. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing your results with fort bend. I sent that packet in for my online and it was rejected. Maybe they didnt look at it. Ill take to my formal and see what happens.
Cru
S
This thread is really neat to see unfold. I've been very discouraged with Ft Bend this year, but maybe that's because we only hear the negative. People don't often call in after their hearing except to vent about the appraisal district. We offer refunds frequently as we've really wanted to provide a no-risk alternative. Each refund we give is a kick in the junk, not because of the money, but because I'm disappointed when it doesn't work for the home owner.

Based on this thread, there are more positive experiences out there than I expected. Thank you all for the feedback and encouragement. I say that from the bottom of my heart.
CRM1712
AG
I used Jubally in Fort Bend and did not help. It was frustrating in my hearing and honestly felt that they didn't care about what I had to say at all. Actually, I bought in March 2015, and they did a time adjustment of >$10k, and wouldn't budge off of their time adjustment. I had to practically run out I was so frustrated.
KW02
AG
Cru,

We appreciate your work FBCAD kicked me in the junk last year and I had one of your reports. This year I did it again and it was a victory for me as stated above. They suck and there appears to be no rhyme or reason why they make the decisions they do.
CRM1712
AG
Definitely want to add I don't credit the crap decision to Jubally. I'm not actually sure the board even looked at the data. It was a hack job. Will plan on using again next year, hopefully with better results.
agcivengineer
AG
I am in the process of developing my arguement for the hearing. I have been going through the FBCAD provided data plus the Jubally report. Im trying to figure out my strategy. My jubally report says the value is about $50k less than fbcad assessment.

Can any of yall share with me how the process works, how much time i have, what is the best method for sharing data, etc?
agcivengineer
AG
Z100,
Any chance you can share some information on how you approached it? Mine is set for September so I have some time still, but I'd like to learn from you.
Z100
AG
agciv -
happy to try and help. I assume you have purchased the info from jubally. there is a lot of detail in that report and the tips/suggestions in the last section helped me negotiate with the board using their language. if you would like to talk off line what is best method to reach you?
agcivengineer
AG
Z100,
At you convenience, can you call me at my office?

Thanks!
mazag08
AG
quote:
I used Jubally in Fort Bend and did not help. It was frustrating in my hearing and honestly felt that they didn't care about what I had to say at all. Actually, I bought in March 2015, and they did a time adjustment of >$10k, and wouldn't budge off of their time adjustment. I had to practically run out I was so frustrated.
That's ridiculous.

Any change in market conditions over the last year is minimal and certainly not 10k or more.
mazag08
AG
Cru, how can I get a hold of you?
Cru
S
Support at jubally dot com

I'll take it to my work email after I get it there. I think I know your name, so no need to reference your screen name.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I was in a meeting yesterday with some folks that are preparing to file suit against FBCAD, et al.

They've been doing some inverstigating and what they're uncovering in terms of corruption, biases, etc is pretty alarming.

Will be interesting to follow in the coming months.
AggieRAB05
AG
It is getting to that time of the year again. I just fired O'Connor after getting no where the last three years. Did any of you have any luck with a full service agent in 2016?
bkag9824
AG
Unincorporated Katy said:

I was in a meeting yesterday with some folks that are preparing to file suit against FBCAD, et al.

They've been doing some inverstigating and what they're uncovering in terms of corruption, biases, etc is pretty alarming.

Will be interesting to follow in the coming months.

Would love to get an update on this.

They declined my protest after less than 3 minutes of "deliberation" and refused to give any justification as to why.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
I'll follow up
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.