Houston
Sponsored by

High-end Watches Locally?

1,460,256 Views | 13506 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by schmendeler
KRamp90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I called the Swatch store in Austin. All he would tell me is they drop tomorrow, the price is $310, and if you are not the first 30-40 in line, don't bother.
I will wait this one out.
Aggie Therapist
AG
I don't think I can pull this color off.

zgolfz85
AG
you can't. You're welcome.
Farmer1906
AG
Can someone explain the moonswatch demand to me? Whats the appeal that would get you camping out or paying multiple times retail? If you go with a swatch, don't you want something quirky like the Simpson collection and not a knock off speedy?

Farmer1906
AG
DP
slaughtr
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Can someone explain the moonswatch demand to me? Whats the appeal that would get you camping out or paying multiple times retail? If you go with a swatch, don't you want something quirky like the Simpson collection and not a knock off speedy?

I don't know about the appeal to others, but I wanted the Mission to Pluto MoonSwatch because I though it would be a great, cheap Aggie game day watch. I own a real Speedmaster Professional and I thought on an appropriate maroon band it would do well for gameday. It does, but unfortunately it didn't give us any luck last year.

I bought it at retail, without waiting on lines after the hype settled though.
zgolfz85
AG
slaughtr said:

Farmer1906 said:

I don't know about the appeal to others, but I wanted the Mission to Pluto MoonSwatch because I though it would be a great, cheap Aggie game day watch. I own a real Speedmaster Professional and I thought on an appropriate maroon band it would do well for gameday. It does, but unfortunately it didn't give us any luck last year.

same, it's really the only one that's ever appealed to me and only for the colorway

Project Gemini
AG
Farmer1906 said:

In my case, on this one specifically, its something a family member really wants because it is Snoopy. But its not important enough for me to use two hours of a Tuesday morning on so I am passing on it.
KRamp90
AG
It's not a limited edition. This is just the initial drop. There will be more. I'll just wait until the next drop, and see if I am still interested.
RyanC
AG
Cheers once again to FTAC2011
Aggie Therapist
AG
slaughtr said:

Farmer1906 said:

I love mine
BoDog
AG
RyanC said:

Cheers once again to FTAC2011

Would/could you mind sharing what you paid? Isnt the James Cameron going close to retail?
Aggie Therapist
AG
Dang, he sold me the Ocean Gate version..
RyanC
AG
FTAC is your man for exact pricing. I got mine below retail but I also went with the 1st gen 116660 reference because the extended power reserve and minor cosmetic tweaks of the later versions didn't justify the price difference for me. The newer references with the updated movement were trading much closer to retail.
BBRex
AG
Anyone an Inter Miami fan? Or just really like pink?

I actually kind of like it. And it looks like it will be a limited release.
Sea Speed
AG
What is inter miami?
schmendeler
AG
MLS team based in Miami with Messi
Sea Speed
AG
I would have bet my paycheck that dude played in a foreign country. Is he here now like Beckham was at the end of his career?
schmendeler
AG
Correct
BBRex
AG
Beckham is part owner of Inter Miami, and he's a brand ambassador for Tudor. Tudor announced a couple of days ago they are going to be sponsors of Inter Miami, then the pink Chrono dropped two days later. Note the bracelet on it, too.
schmendeler
AG
BBRex said:

Beckham is part owner of Inter Miami, and he's a brand ambassador for Tudor. Tudor announced a couple of days ago they are going to be sponsors of Inter Miami, then the pink Chrono dropped two days later. Note the bracelet on it, too.

So def a solid connection there.
BBRex
AG
I was reading more on this watch, and apparently one of the Tudor brand ambassadors in Asia is known for wearing pink, so this watch can work for two brand ambassadors.
schmendeler
AG
Clever
zgolfz85
AG
BBRex said:

Anyone an Inter Miami fan? Or just really like pink?

I actually kind of like it. And it looks like it will be a limited release.

That's sick
TheVarian
AG
That is awesome, the Pink Panda
Sea Speed
AG
TheVarian said:

That is awesome, the Pink Panda

Pepto panda
YouBet
AG
Sea Speed said:

I would have bet my paycheck that dude played in a foreign country. Is he here now like Beckham was at the end of his career?

Derail: if you want a prime example of the continued inferiority of MLS vs other pro leagues his arrival to Inter Miami is your gold standard case. They literally reversed their cellar status on day 1 of him being there and then win the whole league his first season.

Pretty amazing by a guy in his twilight.
schmendeler
AG
YouBet said:

Sea Speed said:

Derail: if you want a prime example of the continued inferiority of MLS vs other pro leagues his arrival to Inter Miami is your gold standard case. They literally reversed their cellar status on day 1 of him being there and then win the whole league his first season.

Messi is the goat but Miami won the "league's cup" which is something different than winning their league. Columbus won their league last year. /pedantic post
JCA1
AG
That Tudor would be a banging watch to wear to the Masters.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
zgolfz85
AG
schmendeler said:

YouBet said:

Sea Speed said:

Messi is the goat but Miami won the "league's cup" which is something different than winning their league. Columbus won their league last year. /pedantic post

This
schmendeler
AG
Uncle Mike in the booth for the Astros game. Looked like a royal oak Chrono on his wrist.
First Page Refresh
Page 386 of 386

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.