Houston
Sponsored by

Art Rascon-channel 13

12,019 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Marvin_Zindler
Ferris Wheel Allstar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
For some reason I really enjoy picturing someone yelling in Art's earpiece to shut the f up and read the gd teleprompter.

This is how I picture agproducer in my head

aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:
For some reason I really enjoy picturing someone yelling in Art's earpiece to shut the f up and read the gd teleprompter.

I imagine him like the guy in the van in Tin Cup.

agproducer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Unless there's a major flood or hurricane or you're a horny little boy without cable, why on earth would anyone watch local news? And if young horny boy without cable, why not tune into the Spanish channels?

To get an idea of what's going on around Houston or whatever major market you're around? I mean, CNN is plugged into what's going on in the tine.
I feel like Texags and other sources are much better for this. I hardly ever watch the evening local news and I don't feel like I'm less connected to my city or that I'm missing out. Sometimes it just happens to be on when I'm passing through the room and it's the same old dark and depressing sh** again and again...deadly car crashes, murder on the northside, murder on the southside...
Try writing constantly about the stuff day-in, day-out.
agproducer
AG
quote:
quote:

One, I wish I had that much hair. Two, I've actually had times I've put the wrong weather or traffic person in the prompter, and the anchor was so locked in to the prompter read the wrong name instead of recognizing the person with them in the studio. It's not as good as "I'm Ron Burgandy??"
suburban cowboy
AG
Start replacing your old dinosaur females with young hotties like Channel 2 and let ice cream interview them
El Mero Guero
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Unless there's a major flood or hurricane or you're a horny little boy without cable, why on earth would anyone watch local news? And if young horny boy without cable, why not tune into the Spanish channels?

To get an idea of what's going on around Houston or whatever major market you're around? I mean, CNN is plugged into what's going on in the tine.
I feel like Texags and other sources are much better for this. I hardly ever watch the evening local news and I don't feel like I'm less connected to my city or that I'm missing out. Sometimes it just happens to be on when I'm passing through the room and it's the same old dark and depressing sh** again and again...deadly car crashes, murder on the northside, murder on the southside...
Try writing constantly about the stuff day-in, day-out.
That's gotta be tough
jetch17
AG
Sweet Moses, I hope you're blowin up Art at 5 today AgProducer
MelvinUdall
"DO IT LIVE, DO IT F***ING LIVE, ART!"
agproducer
AG
I had to sub on the 4. Sorry, it's not me today.
AustinCountyAg
Just watched Art for a total of fifteen seconds and learned Green Bay is in West Virginia, not Wisconsin.....
88jrt06
AG
quote:
Art Rascon and Melanie Lawson together is a trainwreck
Only because she's bright, and he's DUMB AS A STUMP!
You'd never guess she's the one with the potentially debilitating disease.
Art needs his own Holly Hunter.
pasquale
AG
quote:
Start replacing your old dinosaur females with young hotties like Channel 2 and let ice cream interview them
whats wrong with Natasha Barrett and Ilona Carson?
RK
AG
http://abc13.com/news/art-rascon-hospitalized-after-copperhead-snake-bite/1558859/
Waltonloads08
AG
Totally missed this. Who the hell gets bit by a copperhead in Houston? Ive never even seen one around here.

Art is such a **** up its unbelievable.

agdaddy04
AG
Never seen a copperhead in Houston? How long have you lived here?
drumboy
AG
I've seen a couple in Crosby but only Hognoses in Houston.
The Original AG 76
AG
WaltonLoads08 said:

Totally missed this. Who the hell gets bit by a copperhead in Houston? Ive never even seen one around here.

Art is such a **** up its unbelievable.

In my over 60 years in Houston I have killed a LOT of copperheads. Growing up in NW Houston with woods behind us I killed 5-6 of em every summer. Been killing em ever since. Quite common as they are very adaptive to an urban environment. Like ALL snakes they are there but they are excellent at camo and really try and avoid humans.
RK
AG
I'm 90% sure art did this for the publicity/drama. The man is dedicated to his craft.
Waltonloads08
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Never seen a copperhead in Houston? How long have you lived here?

About 26 of my 30 years.

I've seen lots of snakes, just never a copperhead. Usually I only see those in the piney woods.
schmendeler
AG
We used to get them over between 290 and 2920
Marvin_Zindler
AG
Dear God, I can't stand watching Art. If they give him Dave Ward's seat when Dave retires, I'm done watching Ch13.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.