Houston
Sponsored by

Did any houses in the Woodlands flood?

6,783 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TxAg82
water turkey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Buying a house in Alden Bridge later in the month and wondering if any houses in that area flooded?

Thanks,
husker6869
Major flooding there. Best bet is El Paso.
tylercsbn9
AG
My in laws live in a apartment complex off Gosling. Not sure if that is considered wooodlands. They get evaced. The water was high.

And Gosling was really bad.
Bregxit
AG
Got scared of the Rayford corridor? Too bad, we have more fun over here!
johnrth
From what I've read The first cul da sac in the neighborhood directly across the street from the woodlands high school (cats cradle) had flood issues last month with a few inches of water in homes, I'm sure it happened again this time too. But I'd venture to guess there were a few more streets or neighborhoods that had issues this time around. Esp ones near any of the creeks or big drainage ditches.
Texas A&M
quote:
Buying a house in Alden Bridge later in the month and wondering if any houses in that area flooded?

Thanks,
A house in my mom's neighborhood (South of the Woodlands) flooded. In the front yard was a 'Sale Pending' sign.
SlackerAg
AG
What about Carlton Woods?
htownag10
AG
Just suck it up and move out there haha
JYDog90
AG
quote:
From what I've read The first cul da sac in the neighborhood directly across the street from the woodlands high school (cats cradle) had flood issues last month with a few inches of water in homes, I'm sure it happened again this time too. But I'd venture to guess there were a few more streets or neighborhoods that had issues this time around. Esp ones near any of the creeks or big drainage ditches.
I was driving through there on Friday afternoon during the rain and I was surprised how high the water was in the street. It was passable but not for much longer at that rate.
TXTransplant
There were some streets in Creekside Park West (on the west side of Kuykendahl) that had a lot of water. The storm and sewer drains backed up and the water got pretty deep. I saw pictures of houses completely surrounded by water, but I'm not sure to what extent it got in people's homes. To the best of my knowledge, no homes on/near Gosling flooded.
aggiedent
AG
I though they changed the name to Concretelands?
TXTransplant
Someone posted this on the bad weather thread. Drone footage of the flooding on Kuykendahl and Gosling.

cheeky
AG
quote:
What about Carlton Woods?
Not aware of any houses although some streets flooded near Spring Creek at Fazio. Some flooding at Nicklaus golf course, major flooding on Fazio. Been a tough month of water damage.
SlackerAg
AG
I also heard the rumors about creek drainage mismanagement from coworkers who live in the affected area.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Nothing in Alden Bridge. Well-designed part of the town.
water turkey
quote:
Nothing in Alden Bridge. Well-designed part of the town.
Thanks.
TxAg82
AG
http://gis.mctx.org/apps/floodplains/

Make sure you check out the floodplain maps. Unfortunately I had to do a lot of driving around during the height of the last 2 storms so I got to see a lot of it up close. Those maps have been pretty accurate in terms of residence flooding and even street flooding.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.