Houston
Sponsored by

Nice Italian Place

10,059 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by htxag09
DustysLineup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Um...if you have a problem with dagos, I'm not sure you want to go to any of the local places either. But thanks for the hipster foodie expertise.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
quote:
Surprising that TA is failing and failing hard on this.

Carrabba's and Maggiano's are in the same boat, might as well go to the olive garden - neither are quite or romantic.

No, the original Carrabas are still run by the family and not a chain like Maggiano's.

Truth.

When the rib and I still lived in town we'd hit the one on Voss pretty regularly and Johnny Carraba was always there. The food was excellent and they used to do a great osso bucco on Wednesday nights.
fatrandy
I'm allowed to say dago because I'm italian. Wop is also permissible.
Texaggie7nine
What about dago wop?
7nine
BMX Bandit
Dago, wop, guinea, garlic-breath, pizza-slingin', spaghetti-bendin', Vic Damone, Perry Como, Luciano Pavarotti, Sole Mio, nonsingin' motherf****r
fatrandy
quote:
What about dago wop?
Spore Ag
Dago Tires
Dago through rain
Dago through snow
Dago through mud
But when Dago through nails
Dago Wop Wop Wop
Tom Hagen
AG
North Italia
AustinCountyAg
Ended up making reservations at da Vinci in Katy. Hopefully it exceeds expectations
Orozco05
Next time you're in that area try Sapore Ristorante on the way to Fulshear. I'd pick that over Da Vinci any day of the week. I like Tony's and Carmelo's if I'm going further in town.
Original_NoOlives
AG
Cancel it and go to Da Marco while you still have time. Don't be a fool.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Cancel it and go to Da Marco while you still have time. Don't be a fool.
It's all part of the troll brah
AustinCountyAg
So... We arrived at da vincis last night and it was packed. They sat us in the corner next to a bday party or something. It was so loud we couldn't even talk to each other. After five minutes of this and no service I said **** this we are leaving.

I got in the truck and called brenners. Luckily the squeezed us in. Both ordered the filet. It was very good. Au gratin potatoes were the highlight though imo. Our waiter was very good and the atmosphere as a whole was excellent.

Tldr- da Vinci's was loud and crappy service, went to brenners and enjoyed good service and good food
Orozco05
Lol always loud there. Sapore is where it's at on that side of town.
htxag09
AG
Anyone been to Amalfi ristorante?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.