Houston
Sponsored by

Anyone Going to Memorial Day Blowout? (Flaming Lips, Lucero, Title FIght)

1,225 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://houston.culturemap.com/eventdetail/memorial-day-blowout-flaming-lips-lucero-title/

I've been waiting to see Lucero for a looong time.
vansprinkle
AG
quote:
http://houston.culturemap.com/eventdetail/memorial-day-blowout-flaming-lips-lucero-title/

I've been waiting to see Lucero for a looong time.

Me too! I keep missing them when they come through. I actually had tickets to their show with Bingham and ended up giving them to a friend since I had to go out of town.

And yes, I will be out of town this weekend as well...
Post removed:
by user
swimmerbabe11
Them and Mike McClure band are always neck and neck for very favorite bands.

I have an extra ticket that may be for sale if I can't find a happy home for it
vansprinkle
AG
How was the show?
swimmerbabe11
It was awesome. Lucero then Flaming lips gives you a little bit of whiplash...Can't imagine two more different shows.

One bad thing is that it was really hot with very little shade and water was not readily accessible. They finally brought out some water jugs with tiny cups in late afternoon, but that was probably because of complaints.

Nada Surf was awesome.
I left for Raven Tower during Rocky Ericksson and Baskervilles....it was bad.

The lead singer of Flaming Lips got in a hamster ball and rolled around the audience..will post pics sometime.
Remember The Astrodome
AG
Depends on preferences I guess. I actually liked Roky Erickson and found Lucero to be pretty bad. Flaming lips did a hell of a job, and their version of Bowie's space oddity was very well done.
swimmerbabe11
I actually talked with Lucero's lead singer before the show and he said he was kinda sad this was my first show because they are better at nighttime. I can totally see that being the case.

Also, If I had my druthers, I would have totally changed the setlist. I'm biased though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.