Houston
Sponsored by

Heads up for fellow Heights area alcoholics

11,056 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Panama Red
BarryProfit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They are putting in a bar at the Kroger on 11th.

Sometimes the world just smiles in your direction.
Post removed:
by user
DustysLineup
AG
Doesn't the pretentious Montrose HEB have a bar that only serves neckbeard beer? I imagine this will be a great place to meet other fat dorks who also mistakenly thought they would be meeting hot beer aficionado ladies at the grocery store.

but really it's

Post removed:
by user
ballchain
drumboy
AG
quote:
a BAR in the grocery store? drink just as much as the next guy, but that seems a little over the top hahaha

All Whole Foods and the HEB on bunker hill have them already so it's just a matter of time. The Whole Foods on San Felipe even has brewpub.
Post removed:
by user
BarryProfit
So when I "forget" to get something at the store, instead of pounding three tall boys from the corner store across the street I will instead pound two and have one whilsts I stroll the aisles.

But I'm a family man, you can't go by me.
drumboy
AG
You can also sample lots of beers in one spot instead of strolling to all the wine sample ladies.
DustysLineup
AG

quote:
if i want to go to a bar, im going to go to a bar. i dont generally aim to spend more than the necessary amount of time it takes to shop in the grocery store.

Yeah, I don't get the appeal. Maybe it's a haven for the ultra p-whipped modern man who can go and "sample" some delightful craft brews because he can't do anything else for fun on his own.

*Ahh, read Barry's post after I posted this. Makes sense I guess.
Post removed:
by user
BarryProfit
I drink everywhere, but can't drink alone at home. If you don't understand I can't explain it to you.
Post removed:
by user
GoAgs92
AG
He already said he can't explain.

Sometimes a man just needs to be left alone.

Al Bula
AG
quote:
but really it's

Lol completely agree
MathNewman06
drumboy
AG
Also growler fills, though I very rarely get anything cause it's cheaper to get a 6 pack.
David_Puddy
AG
When I'm at a grocery store, I'm trying to get the hell out of there as fast as I can. I'm with the people that think it's s stupid idea
swimmerbabe11
If I can get a beverage to walk around with while doing my least favorite chore, maybe I'll be better about actually doing that chore
Post removed:
by user
Satellite of Love
quote:
a BAR in the grocery store? drink just as much as the next guy, but that seems a little over the top hahaha

You must not visit Whole Foods very often...
BMX Bandit
quote:
quote:

You must not visit Whole Foods very often...

Can't speak for him, but I personally make it a point not to.
Post removed:
by user
Zemira
AG
Also I have heard in the burbs all the moms go to the grocery store to drink wine without the kids while they get groceries.
MAS444
AG
If going to the grocery store is so awful that you have to drink to make it better, you may have bigger problems...

BarryProfit
I don't disagree...
Texaggie7nine
I try to buy as much as i can from Amazon prime grocery. I ain't tryin in be up in no grocery store.
7nine
RK
AG
quote:
Also I have heard in the burbs all the moms go to the grocery store to drink wine without the kids while they get groceries.
juicy rumor.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
Sounds like you're jelly.
Panama Red
AG
quote:
If going to the grocery store is so awful that you have to drink to make it better, you may have bigger problems...

Just wait until those twins are a couple of years older. You'll need a 6er just to pick up milk & bread.
MAS444
AG
I'll just take third coast's (pretty salty) advice and carry my drink with me wherever I go...
Zemira
AG
I don't have any kids and I already live way the hell out here.
aggiedata
AG
The people at the bar in WF have asked the store manager to turn down the lights on more than one occasion.
Jock 07
AG
All I know is the only place I've ever seen bourbon country regal rye in the wild was at central market on tap
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
All I know is the only place I've ever seen bourbon country regal rye in the wild was at central market on tap
Probably because it sucks
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.