Houston
Sponsored by

HOA Management Companies?

2,304 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ThreatLevel: Midnight
MEag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ours is terrible and our board is looking for suggestions. Smallish community of 20 homes. Who does everyone use? Anyone to stay away from?
Diggity
AG
Could you self manage a community that size?
MEag02
AG
It's on the table but we would need to partner up for the "collection" type work when people don't pay. I guess you do a lawyer for that?
uncover&humpit
AG
What part of town?
MEag02
AG
Shady acres / heights area but it may not matter too much.
uncover&humpit
AG
It matters as some mgmt companies will only work in certain areas. In that part of town, I would call Sonya at Midtown, she is a great manager and very professional.
http://www.midtownmgmt.com/
ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
We're in Covington Park and we just completed the change over from FirstService Residential that we inherited from the builder (MHI) to the new company Crest.

Good luck. I (and my inner Ron Swanson) tend to be largely against the concept of HOA's but I can understand the purpose for which they were conceived. I believe a good HOA should be like a good offensive line, they are doing their job well if you never need to hear or speak to them.
Hoyt Ag
AG
We live there as well and I cannot stand the sight of any of the board members. Crest is no better than First Service thus far. We are actively looking at our options on moving in the next year.
MAS444
AG
MEag02---

I have a potential solution for you... Can you give me a contact e-mail or phone?
schmellba99
AG
We use PMG. Meh, they are a management company - hard to get really excited about them or really down on them, they are supposed to follow the covenants and work with the board. 99% of the time if there are issues, it's with the board and the members that want to use the HOA to make the area their little feifdom.
blazer18
In Covington Park as well and am beyond frustrated with our Board.
bigjag19
AG
We have over 1000 homes and self manage. We do employ 2 part time people who do deed restrictions and attempt at collections.

There is an attorney on retainer for when initial collection attempts do not succeed.
MEag02
AG
MAS444

Shoot me an email meag2002 at gmail dot com
Jack Klompus
AG
I'm on the board of our neighborhood, and we use PMG. They've tried to get us to make our vendors pay a fee to them to be pre-approved, but we wouldn't let them as they would just pass that cost on down to us. I have been on the board only 2 months, and they're not terrible. There are some things I wish they would do, but can't because of the loose wording in our deed restrictions.
mustang6tee8
AG
quote:
We're in Covington Park and we just completed the change over from FirstService Residential that we inherited from the builder (MHI) to the new company Crest.
I've made up my own acronym for FirstService Residential, but it's worthy of an insta-ban.
MEag02
AG
Thanks for all the suggestions. I at least feel better that we're not alone in this particular struggle.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I'm on my HOA board and we had a budget meeting tonight and were discussing our mgmt company contract. We use KRJ. Apparently they deal with mostly smaller properties and we're one of their biggest at about 160 units.
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
Was on the HOA board of my townhouse community for many years. We used Collins Oakley from KRJ Management. Was very easy to work with.

http://www.krjmanagement.com
713-783-4640
plowboy1065
S
Crest
ThreatLevel: Midnight
AG
I think you're late to the party bud. Four houses in our section just put up signs.
I'm sure alot of it is O&G related but i'm sure the ludicrous HOA behavior isn't helping.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.