Houston
Sponsored by

House Hunting in 77388, Kreinhop Area

2,969 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AJ02
GCRanger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What can you guys tell me about the Krienhop Elementary area in Spring. We are looking at some houses in the area around Spring Stuebner, 2920, Ella. Any insight on St. Edwards School and Church? We definitely want to be in Klein ISD and like easy access to 45, Hardy, 99, and proximity to church, school, and HEB.

We are out of the country at the moment being relocated at the end of the month but would like to get an offer on the place asap.

Thanks
Bondag
AG
Is it on a golf course?
jja79
AG
Even better. Less than 5 minutes to Corkscrew.
GCRanger
AG
No, nobody should be trying to get back on the fairway from my lawn.
Fall92
AG
I live in the '388. There are nicer areas in Spring on the Champions/Gleanloch sides but we found a nice, small, gated community there with large lots and like it (there are several houses for sale in our neighborhood right now). The HEB at Louetta and Kuykendahl is a lot nicer than the one at 2920 and Holzwarth. I've been to St. Ed's a few times and it has been hit or miss depending on the priest. I can't speak to the school, but it is an open and seemingly laid back parish.

One thing about that area is there are some surprisingly decent local restaurants around. And, of course you are pretty damn close to Corkscrew. The Spec's on Louetta also carries some very good bourbons and scotches.

HTH.

Edit- you are right about access. One of the reasons that area is a great place to live is that you do have easy access to 45, Hardy and now 99- and you don't have to take 249 to anything.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
bea
Fall92, Would you mind sharing some of the good local restaurants? We're new to the area. Thanks!
Fall92
AG
None of these are especially high on ambiance and all are casual but the food is good:

Seafood- Bluewater Grille (good)
Italian- Incanto (small but good, excellent pizzas, BYOB)
Thai- Anothai (curries are good, red duck curry great, BYOB)
Greek- Greek Isles
Cuban- Mojito (average, but if you like Cuban...)
Mexican- El Palenque (outstanding, best in the area)
Sushi- Raaku and Akahi (also has hibachi)

PS- there's a Double Dave's at Louetta and Kuykendahl.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
bea
Super helpful...THANK YOU!
jja79
AG
Aren't the Double Dave's and HEB at Louetta and Steubner?
Fall92
AG
Yeah I think you're right. Another good Spec's in there as well.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
Aren't the Double Dave's and HEB at Louetta and Steubner?

Yes
OCEN99
OCEN99
AG
Hmm, not sure why I can't edit that last post, but I'll try again. Pizza Zone is the best pizza in the area, and we like Mi Rancho up on 2920 near Kuykendahl.
schmendeler
AG
I second pizza zone. Best delivery style pizza in the area by far.
GCRanger
AG
Thanks all for the input.

I'm glad to know there is great food in the area.

We looked more west towards TC Jester, 249, and around Northpoint but the commute to downtown is more than I'm willing to deal with going down 249. In reality it's only slightly better commute on the 45 side and at least Hardy is an option. Park & Ride is more convenient too.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
Fall92, can you share a street in your neighborhood so I can figure which one and look at those for sale on har? We are considering a move in that area and don't know much so your feedback makes me curious to see.
aaronag02
St Edwards is a small parish in the process of becoming a large parish. So it has the traits of both.

One thing to keep in mind is 99 and kuykendahl will be major shopping centers by end of 2017. There may also be a heb at goslin and 2920.
Fall92
AG
Puget. Another house just went up yesterday but I don't think it's on HAR yet.
GCRanger
AG
Apparently this is happening too. http://www.regencycenters.com/uploads/60790_1458243801_pdf.pdf
AJ02
AG
We live not far from there in the Cypresswood subdivision. Our house backs up to a greenbelt, so it's really quiet where we live. I like the area. Just wish it had a better HEB. The one at Holzwarth sucks.

Definitely download the HAR app. It's how we found this house. The house wasn't listed on any other sites yet, and apparently most other apps pull their info off HAR.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.