Houston
Sponsored by

Shooting at Knight Transportation

3,968 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BBRex
Ducks4brkfast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dude got shot in the the head right outside my AP Biology class in high school.

El Mero Guero
When I first heard the news about Pac it stung, like a bee who had been flung, from tha hive but I knew I must survive, and you know I'm nobodies Fu...Kung. Listen to tha weeping willow or the babbling brook below and the truth is right before your very senses. The murder of Pac was so senseless....

But it helped us reach higher dimensions. We must all form a strong union...pensions.
dreyOO
Latina?
ccolley68
AG
quote:
I can't imagine going back to work the next day after something like that.

Well, y'all be easy on her.

What place of work and what worker are you? Injured worker from the scene of the shooting? Yes, I agree, going back to work the next day would be difficult. Teacher at school unaffected by shooting? Get your ass back to work on the tax payer's dime.
MelvinUdall
After Columbine schools had to change how they operated to occurrences like shootings at or around schools. My wife is an administrator and things changed the year after Columbine, like a great deal.
I Play With Guns
S
Had a high school classmate kill himself bc him and some other buddies were playing Russian Roulette
dds08
AG
I spent a summer in Columbine Valley, Colorado. I even saw the school where it all went down.

Kinda makes you think....
Bondag
AG
After Columbine someone called in a bomb threat. They made us wait in the parking lot for an hour then we just found someone that could drive and left. Figured that was safer if there really was a bomb.
schmellba99
AG
Damn, you folks went to some hard core schools. Only thing I can remember is a guy at my school that i sort of knew getting popped by one of the cartels for not delivering on some drug smuggling.*

Allegedly anyway. The official story was he was accidentally shot by his cousin while hog hunting right on the border.
Ag_07
AG
We had so many bomb threats in high school I'm pretty sure the school just counted them for the monthly fire drill.
CW Griswold
quote:
Had a high school classmate kill himself bc him and some other buddies were playing Russian Roulette

So, were you one of the buddies or is the user name just sweet irony?
OldCamp
quote:
They actually did, but your parents were too poor to afford breakfast, so they just told you they didn't have it

I laughed. Describes my childhood.
Lunch was a PBJ and an apple in a brown paper bag. Didn't buy my own lunch in high school until I got a job. Conflicted on how I'll treat my kids though.
BBRex
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
When I was in HS, they found a guy with an axe in his head in the field next to the school. The only thing the principal did was tell the students to leave through the other exit. But this was in the 90's when kids could handle some reality.

I think the concern was more with kids getting shot, not them seeing a dead body...

Also, keep in mind this grief counselor business wasnt started by kids, but by their baby boomer parents and administrators.

They didn't know if the axe wielding murder was still close or not. I guess they felt we could handle it if he was.

If the axe was still in the dude's head, the killer was wielding it anymore. Although maybe he planned ahead and brought more than one.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.