Houston
Sponsored by

Reveille Club?

2,224 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Chewy
Post removed:
by user
deadlift
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Too early in the morning?
CrossBowAg99
AG
You Shy?
howdydamnit04
AG
I've been a couple times over the years. Neat event but I'm not a people person in the morning and am usually to antsy to get to work and start knocking out stuff to really enjoy it.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
terradactylexpress
That has been my issue, having to drive to uptown and not getting to work until 10 is not a very attractive idea for me
The Milkman
AG
So has anyone else been to one of these breakfasts? I think I'm going to go for the first time this week... not entirely sure of what to expect.
drwong
AG
My dad has been going for probably 30 years, he's there every Thursday even though he's retired now. It's a great set up if your schedule allows for it. Make sure you introduce yourself to Freddie Wong '69 if you go.
cohibasymas
AG
Dr. Wong is your dad?!?! Great guy! Good bull.
drwong
AG
Nah must be a different wong as he's not a doctor.
Chewy
AG
I've been going off and on since '99 and know most of the regulars. Freddie is one of the best and he'll do whatever he can to help you.

Reveille is no different than any other networking group. Some days there's people that can help you and some days there aren't. If you walk in expecting to get a job then you'll be disappointed.

Networking is all about what you put into it. It takes time to get to know people and have them trust and understand what you're looking for.

I actually found my current job through Reveille Club as I went one day when I was looking and ran into someone that knew a buddy of mine. That person reached out to my buddy who I hadn't talked to in a while to say he saw me. My buddy reached out to me to catch up and come to find out he was looking for someone. Celebrated my 4 year anniversary last week so sometimes networking works in non-direct ways.

It's a great group of Ags that will help you out if you take the time to get to know them. If you show up expecting your dream job to present itself on the first day you go it won't work that way. It takes time and effort.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.