Houston
Sponsored by

Crappy Houston Board Question Here - Property Tax Protest

2,670 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by schmendeler
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need to protest my property taxes, I live in Brazoria County. Unfortunately for me Jubally does not service Brazoria County and does not seem to have any plans to do so in the near future.

Looks like Republic Property Taxes is a decent company - they have good reviews and an A+ rating. I've never protested before, so this is new to me - any other companies that come recommended I can look into?

I apologize for this thread, I know it's the kind that make this board a shell of it's former glory.
redag06
I've had really good results with ProTax Houston
schmellba99
AG
ProTax is Harris County only.
schmellba99
AG
Man, nothing from anybody?
For less populated counties, you'll probably need to find a "brick and mortar" service where an appraiser or such goes down to the courthouse on your behalf. Usually they charge 1/3 of what they save you.
CrossBowAg99
AG
I have used oconnor & associates and
Novotony & company in the past
FCBlitz
Timely post. I just got my appraisal and giggled. Certainly going to protest.

Any recommendations?
CRM1712
AG
Looking for the same information for Fort Bend County. Bought early last year, so caps don't apply, and my appraised value went up 50%
MAS444
AG
I used to use O'Connor...but use advaloremtax.net now. O'Connor is just too big.
Bregxit
AG
I tried Republic last year and am pretty sure they didn't even try.
AggieSweetie09
Harding & Carbone, contact Kelsey
Jdrexgman
AG
quote:
I used to use O'Connor...but use advaloremtax.net now. O'Connor is just too big.

Your experience with Advaloremtax?
MAS444
AG
I like them alright...better than O'Connor. Someone I know (or maybe several people) recommended them. I called them to see if a) I could get an actual person on the phone without too much trouble and b) find out how they were set up, who actually handled the work, etc. I was satisfied that they weren't the mass cattle call like O'Connor and there would be a little more focus/attention on each protest. I want to say that the main guy does all of the hearings...or maybe he and 1 or 2 others. Something like that. They got me a small reduction last year...which I thought was a win given the circumstances.
HBCanine08
AG
What are their fees?
schmendeler
AG
didn't everything in Brazoria county get washed away a couple weeks ago, anyway?
schmellba99
AG
quote:
didn't everything in Brazoria county get washed away a couple weeks ago, anyway?
Naw homes, we missed the big stuff. Cypress/Spring/Katy got the worst of it.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
quote:
Naw homes, we missed the big stuff. Cypress/Spring/Katy got the worst of it.
I thought they had mandatory evacuations
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.