Houston
Sponsored by

Sienna Plantation

3,917 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Wife is an Aggie
TKNR_Ags_co21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just had my first kid and my current lease is up in November... looking to move outside of BW8

Co-worker of mine lives in Sienna Plantation and has been talking it up.

3 community pools, golf course, walking trails, parks, good schools just minutes away.... seems like a nice spot.

The drive to and from Greenway Plaza seems doable. Anyone have an opinion on this area? Are there other communities similar to this one with the same amenities?
spider96
AG
quote:
I just had my first kid and my current lease is up in November... looking to move outside of BW8

Co-worker of mine lives in Sienna Plantation and has been talking it up.

3 community pools, golf course, walking trails, parks, good schools just minutes away.... seems like a nice spot.

The drive to and from Greenway Plaza seems doable. Anyone have an opinion on this area? Are there other communities similar to this one with the same amenities?

Cell phone reception isn't very good there.
WES2006AG
AG
You need to factor in the 35 minutes it is going to take you to get from the back of Sienna to HWY 6 into your commute.
RyanC
AG
I'm in Riverstone right next to Sienna. With the Fort Bend toll road it takes me about 40 min to get to my office downtown.
Furlock Bones
AG
historic commute times say 50 minutes to greenway. 55 minutes to downtown. but people on this website are magically able to shave 15-20 minutes off the historic commute times constantly just like the above poster.

so, you should have no problems.
longeryak
quote:
historic commute times say 50 minutes to greenway. 55 minutes to downtown. but people on this website are magically able to shave 15-20 minutes off the historic commute times constantly just like the above poster.

so, you should have no problems.
Outside of rush hour you can get to Greenway in under 30 minutes from Sienna but that doesn't include parking and getting into your office. Exit the toll rd/S. Main at S. Post Oak and take that up to 610 cuts 2-3 miles off and avoids the huge backup to turn left from S. Main onto 610. Wouldn't argue with 50 minutes during rush hour.

You want to be in the front of Sienna and not the back or you'll be adding 10 minutes each way onto your commute and anytime you need to shop/eat on Hwy 6.
C.C. Bay Ag
AG
I've lived in Sienna since 2008. My current commute to the Tanglewood area is a beeetch during rush hour but luckily I can avoid rush hour times. The biggest complaint I've had were the almost daily power outages. But, Center Point seems to have fixed that issue. The fact they didn't scalp the earth and left a lot of the original trees/vegetation was a nice selling point.
My main goal in life is to find a beer as cold as a woman's heart
schmellba99
AG
I live about 20 mins south of Sienna down 521 and used to office at Richmond and 610. Even with my schedule being somewhat flexible and me getting up earlier than balls to miss most of the morning rush hour, the drive in was hardly ever fun. 521/Hwy6/Ft. Bend toll road wasn't that bad at all, but it never failed that no matter which option I chose from there - lights, traffic, stop and go all the way to the office. I don't recall ever having made it in less than 50 minutes, and usually it was around 1:15.

Coming home was a little better, but I also left the office at 3:30 even if it pissed my boss off to no end. Usually just under an hour on the ride home.

Where exactly in Sienna you live will make a difference - the poster above that talked about 30 mins to get from the back to the front isn't exaggerating much, if any at all.

Also look at what your HOA dues are. Seems I remember hellishly expensive HOA fees when I first moved here and briefly looked at Sienna. May be confusing it with some of the other places I looked though.
jeffk
AG
Yeah, the HOA dues and tax rates in Sienna are two big reasons why we decided to live a little further down 6.

Great amenities and schools, but you definitely pay for them.
Jdrexgman
AG
Moved out to Sienna last year and we love it. Great place to raise a family. The Ft Bend toll road is a nice option speaking to the commute discussion.

ccolley68
AG
quote:
I'm in Riverstone right next to Sienna. With the Fort Bend toll road it takes me about 40 min to get to my office downtown.

I live in Riverstone as well. Fort Bend is a ghost town in the morning, then get to 90 and it slows, but overall, getting to downtown isn't that bad. Both Sienna and Riverstone have lots of family amenities, though Sienna has been around longer and a bit more established, schools already in place etc. but Riverstone will have an elementary school of its own soon.
Wife is an Aggie
I really don't think sienna is all that expensive.... $980 annual HOA dues were pretty average when comparing to similar communities and my all in prop tax rate of 3.04% was also a good bit lower than a lot of other similar communities.

It can take a while to get out depending where you live but I have heard they will have a back entrance eventually out to 521 which would make access to 288 better.
We live in shipmans landing near brushy lake fitness center and love it.
Diggity
AG
The tax rate used to be in the high 3's so I think I some people are still under that impression.
lancevance
Someone asks about a neighborhood in SW Houston, and no one has made a joke about Indians, temples or mosques? Texags didn't deliver this time.
Jdrexgman
AG
quote:
Someone asks about a neighborhood in SW Houston, and no one has made a joke about Indians, temples or mosques? Texags didn't deliver this time.

That's because Sienna is not as diverse as the surrounding communities
vansprinkle
AG
quote:
The tax rate used to be in the high 3's so I think I some people are still under that impression.

That is just ridiculous. I hate property taxes so much, and I'm only at like 2.6%. I couldn't imagine paying over 3%.

I'm planning for my next move to be around Montgomery. 1.9% for the win.
PrestigeWorldwide11
AG
My ex-fiance wanted me to move out to Sienna. I dumped her.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Everyone I know that moves out to sienna buys a minivan within 48 hours
Wife is an Aggie
quote:
Everyone I know that moves out to sienna buys a minivan within 48 hours
I don't know I live in Sienna and see a heck of a lot more Tahoes/Suburbans/Escalades. I consider the people in minivans the smart ones that don't feel the need to drop $70K on a sex trophy hauler/grocery getter.

TexAgs1992
Make sure when you move out there to get your hands on your high school kid's cellphone when he gets one to get some nudies of his teacher.
FCBlitz
quote:
Yeah, the HOA dues and tax rates in Sienna are two big reasons why we decided to live a little further down 6.

Great amenities and schools, but you definitely pay for them.

I live in the Fresno area. Aka the hood. The commute home from the Med Center can suck during any big event at Reliant
Wife is an Aggie
What neighborhood in Fresno?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.