Houston
Sponsored by

OTC

6,469 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by DustysLineup
Post removed:
by user
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We'll be there as always but I'm thinking this is going to be one big career fair.
AMW2010
AG
I'd love to pass out my resume and work for who ever would have me!!
lexofer
AG
Most years the majority of people coming to our booth are looking for a job, especially new grads. I'm not even sure what to tell them this year. I'm working all day Monday so I'll be talking to a lot of desperate people.

Should I take their resume, give them a little bit of hope without overstating their chances then politely drop it in the trash when they are out of sight or just give them the soulcrushing truth and tell them they have no chance?
Token
AG
Any of y'all know where the happy hours for OTC are going to be?
fire09
AG
No booth for us this year at houston career fair. Will probably ground pound through the event, then go get liquored up with customers at hh.
Ciboag96
What a great boost for Houston's already thriving human trafficking industry OTC will be! All of the girls and women smuggled north into Houston in unmarked vans to be chained in back rooms so foreigners and local drunks can have a nice time before going back to their hotel to Facetime their wife and children goodnight. But beware, you may be molested by those evil unpermitted Uber drivers if you are not careful.
BowSowy
AG
The hell?
David_Puddy
AG
quote:
What a great boost for Houston's already thriving human trafficking industry OTC will be! All of the girls and women smuggled north into Houston in unmarked vans to be chained in back rooms so foreigners and local drunks can have a nice time before going back to their hotel to Facetime their wife and children goodnight. But beware, you may be molested by those evil unpermitted Uber drivers if you are not careful.

What in the world???
Post removed:
by user
FarmerJohn
AG
quote:
or just give them the soulcrushing truth and tell them they have no chance?
Two words: Hiring freeze. The only way to get new people if you have an open req is an internal transfer.
Tom Hagen
AG
quote:
I doubt any OTC participants will be traveling to the barrio to pay $10 to be part of a gang bang of a sex slave.
Aggielandma12
AG
You think the booth babes will be a downgrade from previous years?
JYDog90
AG
quote:
Most years the majority of people coming to our booth are looking for a job, especially new grads. I'm not even sure what to tell them this year. I'm working all day Monday so I'll be talking to a lot of desperate people.

Should I take their resume, give them a little bit of hope without overstating their chances then politely drop it in the trash when they are out of sight or just give them the soulcrushing truth and tell them they have no chance?
You may want to keep those resumes out of the hands of the higher ups. Don't want them getting any ideas that there is a class of people out there who are willing to do your job for less than you are doing your job.
CDUB98
AG
quote:
This is at least the second post like this today from this guy. Seems to have a one track mind.

While it is a very worthy concern as whole, dropping it in the middle of threads like this doesn't do squat.

You wanna talk about it? Start a new thread.
I Am A Critic
I'd be willing to bet he's one of those people opposed to Mayor Porker's plan to let trannies pee anywhere they want only b/c his church told him to.
idAg09
quote:

May want to ask them to pass along your resume when they find something...
Ciboag96
quote:
quote:
I doubt any OTC participants will be traveling to the barrio to pay $10 to be part of a gang bang of a sex slave.

You seem to have recent knowledge of the going rate.
Ciboag96
To keep it on topic, I will also be roaming the magnificent halls of the OTC to glad hand and drag my customers to drinking and revelry. I suspect it will be chock full of depressed resume slingers, which I by grace of the Almighty Lawd am not yet one. But hey, at least no one in city, county or state government has been let go in this market. Maybe one of the unfortunates can talk Silvester into being the City Oil and Gas Market Czar.
BowSowy
AG
I honestly can't tell if you're trying to play a character or if you are legitimately insane
Ag_07
AG
Welp...He sure has ruined thread.
Tom Hagen
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

You seem to have recent knowledge of the going rate.
I pay $20 and I get to go first.
Texaggie7nine
I like to go to Hobby and offer rides to one of the numerous call girls flying in from Vegas to their hotel rooms for a small favor.
7nine
CLB2008
AG
quote:

You wanna talk about it? Start a new thread.

Why encourage that?
agdaddy04
AG
Sure seems dead so far. Never seen the registration lines so light. You can also tell many companies either shrank their booths down or left altogether.
htxag09
AG
Yep. At least it's cool. I may just take a nap.
Post removed:
by user
cajunaggie08
AG
I'm only going for free beer tomorrow afternoon
Post removed:
by user
Vernada
AG
quote:
Stupid dead. I may pack it in early
shocking
Ag_07
AG
quote:

That's one way to get fired. Your company shells out money for a booth in a down market and you bolt out early.
Post removed:
by user
Texaggie7nine
quote:
quote:
quote:

That's one way to get fired. Your company shells out money for a booth in a down market and you bolt out early.

My company isn't paying for ****, but thanks dad.
Post any choice you make in life on this board and at least 50% of the replies to your post will be to tell you how stupid your choice is. Have to go in accepting that.
7nine
CDUB98
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

My company isn't paying for ****, but thanks dad.
Post any choice you make in life on this board and at least 50% of the replies to your post will be to tell you how stupid your choice is. Have to go in accepting that.
Your post is stupid.
Post removed:
by user
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.