Houston
Sponsored by

HAR March Sales Report is out

3,434 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Diggity
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nothing ground breaking here. Similar trends to what we have been seeing all year.

The $150K-$250K range is still performing very well, $250-$500K is still pretty flat and $500K+ is down quite a bit. Inventories levels are creeping up slowly and active listings are up a ton.

HOUSTON'S MARCH HOUSING NUMBERS SHOW STABILITY DESPITE ONGOING ENERGY JITTERS
AgLA06
AG
Interesting. Shepherd Park Plaza is mostly in the $500k+ range and the inventory seems to be a lot less at the moment. Sales definitely stalled the end of last year, but then seemed to pick up the first quarter.
Diggity
AG
There are certainly pockets in that price range that are faring better than others...this is just meant to give you a mile high view of the market.
Velvet Jones
AG
I wish I had access to market data that quickly.

Thanks for the update.
tiny94
We are about to sell my husband's house in Tomball and move back into my house in the Woodlands. I wish we had done it a year ago.
BarryProfit
Thanks for posting
Finn Maccumhail
AG
In related news I know of at least 5 major builders in the Houston market who have made fairly significant lay-offs in their respective offices the last few months. This includes office support types (purchasing, accounting, etc), construction, and under-performing sales people.

They've also had their total sales projections for the year revised down pretty significantly.
The Kraken
AG
It's slowed down quite a bit in the last 9 months. Everyone has been revising sales projections downward. Fortunately I'm still fairly busy building in a new development. What do you do for work, Finn?
Token
AG
i wish i had the money for a $500K house here in the loop. When the O&G economy bounces back here, those home prices will shoot through the roof
Diggity
AG
tiny makes an appearance!
tiny94
Hey stranger.
Ducks4brkfast
option #2
AG
Because SPP is the best...love the neighborhood!
redag06
Was in a few new developments with little to no activity going on earlier this week.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
It's slowed down quite a bit in the last 9 months. Everyone has been revising sales projections downward. Fortunately I'm still fairly busy building in a new development. What do you do for work, Finn?

I'm not in residential but my wife is marketing director for Houston for a fairly large national builder. I'm in commercial doing land acquisition for a large REIT focused on telecom infrastructure.
El Mero Guero
quote:
Holy crap!
New Hampshire Ag
AG
Post removed:
by user
SnowboardAg
AG
Could we get the hot and cold report by area? Much appreciated as always diggity!
AgLA06
AG
Welcome neighbor!
Diggity
AG
Remind me in a couple weeks. It typically it comes out near the end of the month.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
Diggity; could you post hot and cold report?
CDUB98
AG
quote:
circus tits
Diggity
AG
Here you go:

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.