Houston
Sponsored by

White Oak Amphitheatre / Music Hall

17,128 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BarryProfit
The Catfish
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone been? How is it? Just got my Sturgill Simpson tickets for May.
Ag_07
AG
Be there as well.
MAS444
AG
Haven't been...but it looks bad ass. Love the incorporation of the tower and icehouse. Those dudes know what they're doing. And it's just on the other side of the freeway from me. If I walked there, I could get a bj and some meth on the way from the kindly folks that hang out around 45/N Main.
swimmerbabe11
I just bought tickets to the Lucero show..so we'll see
El_Gato
AG
It is not open yet and supposed to have first show the first of April. Indoor venue will not be open until July sometime. Cool looking place from a visit last week and will be there in April for Chvches.
jetch17
AG
Ooh the Horton Heat show would be fun
jetch17
AG
also, on a unrelated note, has anyone done the VIP tables at Revention Music Center (Verizon)?
Ag_07
AG
No but we've done GA there and it didn't seem all that much better than the tables we saw. It's a pretty straight forward, plain Jane venue.
jetch17
AG
ive done plenty of GA shows there, we went ahead and grabbed one of those VIP tables for Deftones in a couple weeks as a place to come and go off the floor and have a place for drinks to be brought. the little jack daniels lounge thing they give you access to looks kinda gay, but allows early entrance to the venue.

we shall see.
El Mero Guero
Raven Tower looks pretty cool. When I was a kid that was my dream home. Still is, but wife would never go for it.
Ag_07
AG
Pulling in some pretty good acts to this place.

Sturgill Simpson - May 10
Lumineers - May 21
Flaming Lips & Lucero - May 29
Horton Heat - July 2
The Milkman
AG
Correct not yet open... M83 is the opening act on 4/9.

I just got my Sturgill tickets as well. I imagine he will sell out fairly quickly.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Will be there for CHVRCHES next month.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Correct not yet open... M83 is the opening act on 4/9.

I just got my Sturgill tickets as well. I imagine he will sell out fairly quickly.
I personally wouldn't buy tickets for any shows in April just yet, especially not early April.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
Will be there for CHVRCHES next month.
Dittp. Already have tickets.

Couldn't get enough of them when they played here back in Dec.
7nine
The Catfish
AG
Are you suggesting they're not going to be done w/ the place?
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
If not, maybe they'll move them to Raven Tower since they promote both venues.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
I'm not sure where they are going to be as far as being able to legally host shows.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
quote:
I'm not sure where they are going to be as far as being able to legally host shows.
Can't you grease some palms?
7nine
Ryan the Temp
AG
I don't do that, and my opinions expressed here are mine and my alone and do not represent the opinions or positions of other persons or entities.
MichaelJ
AG
quote:
I don't do that, and my opinions expressed here are mine and my alone and do not represent the opinions or positions of other persons or entities.

Surely if they are unable to honor the commitment of a sold ticket for a show a refund or reschedule would be in short order.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
quote:

Surely if they are unable to honor the commitment of a sold ticket for a show a refund or reschedule would be in short order.
I have since changed my opinion and don't expect them to have any major issues with their performance schedule.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
I just bought tickets to the Lucero show..so we'll see

According to a couple Lucero live videos, it appears to be a requirement for women to wave PBR tallboys in the air while the lead singer growls, so I hope White Oak sells those.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have since changed my opinion and don't expect them to have any major issues with their performance schedule.
Holding you to that because I went ahead and got tickets for M83 this Saturday.
7nine
FtBendTxAg
AG
Explosions in the sky playing here later this summer
TX04Aggie
AG
Article in the chron this morning behind the paywall otherwise I would post link... says the actual building won't be open until July, so they are doing "special events" due to a loophole in permitting until then on a temporary outdoor stage, starting this Saturday..
swimmerbabe11
quote:
ive done plenty of GA shows there, we went ahead and grabbed one of those VIP tables for Deftones in a couple weeks as a place to come and go off the floor and have a place for drinks to be brought. the little jack daniels lounge thing they give you access to looks kinda gay, but allows early entrance to the venue.

we shall see.

:/ I didn't see VIP offered.
option #2
AG
I'm going to M83 this weekend and Lumineers in May. Will provide update after Saturday.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Article in the chron this morning behind the paywall otherwise I would post link... says the actual building won't be open until July, so they are doing "special events" due to a loophole in permitting until then on a temporary outdoor stage, starting this Saturday..
It will be festival style with a temporary stage and port-o-johns.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
quote:
I'm going to M83 this weekend and Lumineers in May. Will provide update after Saturday.
How much were the Lumineers tickets? Checking the price against third party sites.
jetch17
AG
quote:
quote:

we shall see.

:/ I didn't see VIP offered.

This was for revention, not white oak
Texaggie7nine
Both M83 and Chvches were $35 before fees so I would assume that's the standard for all shows.
7nine
Mr. McGibblets
AG
$140 a piece on StubHub
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
quote:
quote:
How much were the Lumineers tickets? Checking the price against third party sites.
go regardless of price. they are awesome in concert

FYI, fees are pretty high at White Oak.
cheezag03
AG
sturgill is sold out
lumineers is sold out

How much a beer cost there?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.