Houston
Sponsored by

Golf Carts-CoH

4,059 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Diggity
El Duke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Moved into a new neighborhood and notice several people with golf carts (most are lifted and carry 4-6 people) in driveways, yet our neighborhood is not on a golf course. I'd love to look at them in the near future, but are they street legal in Houston? If so, what is the process of becoming a legal operator? Zip code is 77055.

Satellite of Love
More than likely same as a car.
Post removed:
by user
Ducks4brkfast
AG
quote:
If so, what is the process of becoming a legal operator? Zip code is 77055.

Personally, I can't operate a golf cart without an ice cold Coors Light.

coolerguy12
AG
I believe there are no requirements other than what roads you can drive on and what roads you can cross. It's all based on speed limit. Obviously you still need to follow basic driving laws...

I looked this up 6-7 years ago so it's possible it could have changed. A quick Google search will get you to the Texas penal code about it.
Texaggie7nine
What would you use the cart for in a subdivision that isn't near a course or beach? Drive to the community pool?
7nine
Ag_07
AG
It's a neighborhood golf cart. I seriously doubt you're gonna get in any trouble as long as your not driving down the feeder or ruttin up the neighborhood medians.

Grow a pair and do whatever the fck you want.
AustinCountyAg
I recently started a thread on golf carts on another site with the same questions.....why do so many suburb people have golf carts? Is this a fad similar to suburb guys driving 4x4 king ranches?
03_Aggie
I believe they are required to have headlights, tail lights, horn and rear view mirror.
WES2006AG
AG
quote:
I recently started a thread on golf carts on another site with the same questions.....why do so many suburb people have golf carts? Is this a fad similar to suburb guys driving 4x4 king ranches?
It is pretty easy to understand. It is just the new thing that white people are in to. It is like the dudes with sparkly jeans or listening to the terrible music that passes for country these days.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Makes it a lot easier to tote a cooler of beers down to the pool.
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
I believe they are required to have headlights, tail lights, horn and rear view mirror.

This

And it is supposed to only go 15-25mph. Also must have an orange slow moving vehicle triangle on it. I use mine regularly in our neighborhood, with and with out alcohol.
drumboy
AG
quote:
and a good sound system & party lights if you want to have a good time.

I wish someone in my hood would get one. I want one but I'm already the white trash neighbor and getting a DWI on my street in a golf cart would put me over the edge.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
As opposed to not being an lolpoor and getting your own pool you don't have to share with strangers?
7nine
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
quote:
quote:
As opposed to not being an lolpoor and getting your own pool you don't have to share with strangers?
Stranger pee makes you strong.
DustysLineup
AG
quote:
quote:

Actually, you're the one who sounds like an LOL poor on this thread. Just because we call it a "golf cart" doesn't mean you have to use it on a golf course.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
quote:

Texaggie7nine
I didn't say you have to use it on a golf course. I asked what reason would you use it for if you dont live near some type of attraction like GC, beach, state park, ect. What possible place in your subdivision would you even want to drive to? Let alone in a cart. A pool I can see, but I don't like sharing pools. Do you have a really kick ass park where you have picnics every weekend?
7nine
agnerd
AG
DustysLineup
AG
Yes.

And you're not invited.
drumboy
AG
quote:
I didn't say you have to use it on a golf course. I asked what reason would you use it for if you dont live near some type of attraction like GC, beach, state park, ect. What possible place in your subdivision would you even want to drive to? Let alone in a cart. A pool I can see, but I don't like sharing pools. Do you have a really kick ass park where you have picnics every weekend?

Friends house?
Texaggie7nine
That's right, you don't want your chubby kids having to walk or ride a bike to their friends house.
7nine
drumboy
AG
quote:
That's right, you don't want your chubby kids having to walk or ride a bike to their friends house.

Why would my chubby kids go to my friend's house?
MrJonMan
AG
I typically drive mine to my buddy's house that lives about a mile away, with the cooler in the bed and a cold one in the cup holder. I've also taken it multiple times to the Valero across the street from the neighborhood to buy beer.

I'll drive it to my parents house as well, as they also live in the same hood.

The only other places I've used it, is trailers G it to the in-laws property in Chapel Hill or to their place in Port O
Aggiemike96
AG
Just get this.

Picnic Table

MAS444
AG
quote:
Port O

They make some sense in POC...but letting little Haydyn and McClayden drive all of their friends across Adams/185 to the Speedy Stop is just dangerous (not that that's what you were doing). It was very annoying/dangerous dodging all of the children in golf carts. I think they finally passed some sort of law/ordinance that requires you to actually have a drivers license to drive em down there.

Anyway...I have found that my regular vehicle works find down there like it does here.
Satellite of Love
A whole lot of fats in here. I wouldn't want you guys to snap a cankle walking more than 100 feet at a time.
htownag10
AG
Golf carts in the suburbs are for the lolfats who can't walk to the mailbox
Diggity
AG
But what if they have Yeti coolers built into the back...and Rockford Fosgate sub woofers?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.