Houston
Sponsored by

Cinco Servant Slavery?

2,942 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by water turkey
Diggity
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sounds like a charming couple:

quote:
A Katy couple was arrested yesterday after allegedly forcing a 38-year old Nigerian woman to work as a personal slave while subjecting her to bizarre abuses, including making her strain leftover milk from cereal bowls to use in her tea, and, in one instance, beating her because she dressed the couple's child in the wrong pair of socks, according to a U.S. Department of Justice press release.

KATY COUPLE CHARGED IN BIZARRE SERVANT SLAVERY CASE
Al Bula
AG
The Houston MSA is so diverse, and this couple should be celebrated for sharing their traditions with us.

These upper crust Nigerians would be lauded in their home country for keeping their slave in check. Shame on law enforcement for infringing on their God given Nigerian slave owner rights in this country.
Diggity
AG
personally, I think I would have just skipped the milk in my tea
T Durden
AG
I'm going to try the leftover cinnamon life milk in my coffee tomorrow...sounds pretty dang good actually.

On a serious note, man some people really suck. Mostly Baylor University leadership but these slave owners too.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Yeah they're dead. Sick sick sick.
The Original AG 76
AG
celebrate diversity..this is multiculturalism at its finest !!!!!
Satellite of Love
Black people can't own slaves. BLM crowd tauggt me only white people own slaves. HTH!
cajunaggie08
AG
I grew up in this neighborhood. It was an interesting place. Don't let the gated entrance fool you.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
I'm going to try the leftover cinnamon life milk in my coffee tomorrow...sounds pretty dang good actually.

On a serious note, man some people really suck. Mostly Baylor University leadership but these slave owners too.

Celebrity chef David Chang, owner of the Momofoku group of restaurants has a signature Milk Bar item where they sell "cereal milk" for like $5 for what's probably an 8-12oz portion.

quote:
cereal milk $5
made with milk, cornflakes, brown sugar and a pinch of salt. it's like the milk at the bottom of a bowl of cornflakes!
availability of cereal milk: milk bar dc, all nyc stores
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
I grew up in this neighborhood. It was an interesting place. Don't let the gated entrance fool you.
Stories?
cajunaggie08
AG
nothing that tops slavery.

The was one house on the main road that we dubbed the drug house as there were always different cars parked out front and the cops usually were called in for various reasons about once a month.

The developer tried to build all the amenities on the cheap. For the first year, there were no sidewalks from the gate to the first set of houses. They put in stepping stones instead. Like something you would see heading from a mailbox to a trailer home. That got the HOA up in arms real fast.

They built a sand volleyball court next to the pool by building a concrete pit and putting sand in it. There was zero account on how to let the water run out or off so it was pretty much a tiny sandy pond witha net for half the year.

Wednesday nights were apparently street hoops night at the covered basketball court. That drew in a darker crowd than one would normally find in 77450

for being on the south side of katy, the neighborhood wasn't as upperclass as some of its new counter parts. The front section had the huge houses. The middle section matched with most of the surrounding cinco properties. The back was comprised of alot of starter homes which is where half of all 30 of the Cinco Ranch HS minority students lived. By no means was it a bad neighborhood, but like I said, don't let the fancy guard shack out front fool ya.

My family and another neighbor may have been the reason the Fort Bend County Sheriffs office invested in an ATV as we used to ride our atv in the easement out back between the neighborhood and bayou. The sheriff's first step was to put up a "no motorized vehicle sign." Naturally we ignored that. Then one day we saw the neighbor riding out back from our window and he sped by real fast. 5 seconds later you see the police cruiser pursuing him while bouncing around on all the bumps. The next week as I was driving home from school, we see a county sheriff sitting next to the no motorized vehicle sign while sitting on a marked up ATV. We knew our riding days were over for awhile.
water turkey
quote:
Don't let the gated entrance fool you.
The gate was to keep people in not out......
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.