Houston
Sponsored by

Boot re-sole suggestions?

4,448 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JSKolache
JSKolache
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tine Board - Where y'all get your boots re-soled? Any recs in Sugar Land/Richmond/Katy corridor? TIA
Ag_07
AG
No recs in that corridor but I take all my shoes and boots to Maidas at Bammel and Westheimer.

They do great work! Drop em off and he'll make look brand new.
JmacAg07
AG
I take my boots to Pepe's in Brookshire, does a very good job.
Token
AG
shoe hospital is always a good one for me, too. redid my leather soles on my work shoes
BigPuma
AG
JMac, when is the last time you dropped off at Pepe's?
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
shoe hospital is always a good one for me, too. redid my leather soles on my work shoes
Same here.
Post removed:
by user
OnlyForNow
AG
Corral Western Wear in Rosenberg.
buda91
AG
Maidas. H shoe Hosp chimney rock@ westm'r.

Also great western on 43rd south of 290.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Nc abbrvtns
htxag09
AG
Texas National Outfitters is where I take mine.
Mr.Bond
AG
Any recommendations in league city area
TX_AG_10
AG
I just had some boots re-soled at Al's Handmade Boots off of Fanin. Did a great job.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
I have had two re-sole experiences in Houston in the last 4 years. the first at the shoe hospital at Dairy Ashford and memorial where they nearly ruined a pair of boots.

The second pair I took to Great Western Boots at 6539 W 43rd St and had a great experience there. Solid work and I plan to return
Dr. Faustus
AG
Personally, I've had **** luck at Shoe Hospital. Can't remember which location it was, but they did crappy work on two pairs of boots I gave them.

My personal choice is Arris Shoe Repair at Shepherd and I-10. A little pricey and typically a long-ish turnaround, but the work is great. They've done two pairs of boots and a pair of dress shoes for me, and all three pairs turned out great.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
Maidas. H shoe Hosp chimney rock@ westm'r.

This location is a Houston Shoe Hospital inside Maida's Belts and Buckles.

The cousin owns and runs Maida's Boot and Shoe Repair down at Westheimer and Bammel.

Their family has been in the business for years and they still have the custom boot side of the business (formerly Maida's Blackjack Boot Co) still running under the name Maida's.

They do really nice work and some of my picky family members refuse to let anyone else touch their boots.
btalking
AG
Jesse Boots. Off Airport/College on East side of 45. Thats where I take mine.
plowboy1065
S
quote:

I bring mine to Jason Gawlik there as well. He also has a store at Jones Rd & Beltway 8. So far he's done all my boot repairs, made my custom gators, wallet and belt. Hard to find young guys like him still wanting to learn the craft
BrazosDog02
AG
I too use Pepe's in Brookshire. I just had him do heels last time and it was crazy cheap....and he polished the boots and put oil on them and stuff...they looked really snazzy. Ive been wearing the same ariats every single day for 4 years because of him....LOL.
DustysLineup
AG
Somewhat related...I want to get a custom leather belt remade. Maidas?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
quote:
I take my boots to Pepe's in Brookshire, does a very good job.
I have had Pepe work on two pairs of my boots. I last had him do some work about a month ago. Highly recommend this guy.
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
Jesse Boots. Off Airport/College on East side of 45. Thats where I take mine.

Dropped off a pair today. First time, hopefully they do a good job
AggieTJ
AG
Maybe too late for a reply, but Ordonez Shoe Repair in Stafford was pretty reasonably priced. Wife took some new hooker boots there to get the calves taken in a little and Ordonez did pretty damn good work on them.
GEA89
AG
quote:
Maybe too late for a reply, but Ordonez Shoe Repair in Stafford was pretty reasonably priced. Wife took some new hooker boots there to get the calves taken in a little and Ordonez did pretty damn good work on them.

I have used these guys too, great service and price.
RC_57
AG
quote:
... Wife took some new hooker boots there to get the calves taken in a little.....
Please abide by Rule 1 compliance of the wife in the hooker boots
Shawdaddy
AG
Another happy customer form Pepes Boots in Brookshire here.
Astroag
AG
Shoe Savers....eot

If ya ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin!!!
JSKolache
AG
Following up - got decent results from the western store in Rosenberg earlier in the year.

Used Great Western on 43rd last week on another pair with excellent results. He replaced the foot liner inside and shined em up better than new. $95 for full sole + heel.

DiskoTroop
htxag09 said:

Had them do my Larry Mahon's a while back. They did a good job. Would use again.
213 Grove
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Corral Western Wear in Rosenberg.

This
HDeathstar
Great Western on 43rd near 290. Great place. Look new when you get them back. I believe they do custom belts as well. maybe boots too. Only place I use.
JSKolache
AG
HDeathstar said:

Great Western on 43rd near 290. Great place. Look new when you get them back. I believe they do custom belts as well. maybe boots too. Only place I use.
Yes they do. I saw a pair of custom maroon gators with white block ATM in the book on the counter. Very nice but yikes at $5k.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.