Houston
Sponsored by

AirBNB Your House For Super Bowl 51?

6,451 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Martin Q. Blank
TKNR_Ags_co21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For those that don't know it, Airbnb is a website where you can put your home up to rent for cash.

I had an interesting convo last night during the Super Bowl with a guy that just bought a new midtown townhome that sleeps about 8, who says that he's going to put his home up for about $10,000 for Super Bowl 51 next year on Airbnb!

I personally don't think that he'll get that huge of a taker. Interesting though to see if anyone else had this plan in mind?? Seems like a good way to grab some cash.
Ag_07
AG
Sounds like a good idea but I'm not sure the typical NFL fan would make an ideal tenant.
Al Bula
AG
The first thing Airbnb renters do is wipe their asses on everything. So don't be surprised when you get pinkeye if you rent out your pad.
TKNR_Ags_co21
AG
quote:
The first thing Airbnb renters do is wipe their asses on everything. So don't be surprised when you get pinkeye if you rent out your pad.
Had a bad experience?
Tom Hagen
AG
Not to mention all of the jizz stains.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Pretty sure he was the renter.
RK
AG
I think I would rather rent my house to federal inmates than nfl fans.
TKNR_Ags_co21
AG
Well whoever rents your home uses a credit card and is liable for damages.... it's not like they can just trash your house all weekend long and then take off
tommyjohn
Plenty of people planned to do this in 03/04. I imagine less than 10% were successful.
I Am A Critic
Airbnb and VRBO weren't around then. I imagine it will be much easier this time instead of having to rely on Craigslist, etc.
Token
AG
quote:
Well whoever rents your home uses a credit card and is liable for damages.... it's not like they can just trash your house all weekend long and then take off
this. I am definitely putting my house on airbnb and locking all of my valuables in my safe
Waltonloads08
AG
I know someone who owns a 3 bedroom condo at the Four Seasons downtown that's planning to do this. He's thinking he can get around $20k.

I have no idea.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
I think I would rather rent my house to federal inmates than nfl fans.

My dad and uncle went to the Saints Super Bowl and they're pretty tame older gentlemen. But they also booked a travel package with everything included and didn't go looking online for a cool pad to crash at.
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
Sounds like a good idea but I'm not sure the typical NFL fan would make an ideal tenant.
The people going to the Super Bowl aren't your typical NFL fan
Aggie09Derek
AG
http://www.businessinsider.com/beyonce-super-bowl-airbnb-2016-2
ATM9000
AG
10k for the Thursday thru Monday that weekend? This isn't college station where hotel rooms are limited. I can almost guarantee the airbnb market he might get 40% of that.
Ag_07
AG
quote:

Oh they are.

This guy is just proof that money is no object to these losers.

WES2006AG
AG
quote:
quote:

Oh they are.

This guy is just proof that money is no object to these losers.

Seeing that guy drop $21K on tickets make me wish the Broncos had lost. He was so confident in that article.
David Carr
Fluids everywhere
GoneGirl
AG

quote:
http://www.businessinsider.com/beyonce-super-bowl-airbnb-2016-2
OMG... Can't believe they posted pictures of my place!!! [url=http://www.businessinsider.com/beyonce-super-bowl-airbnb-2016-2][/url]
swimmerbabe11
You don't have to rent it out to the first person who attempts to book. You can look at their reviews.
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
10k for the Thursday thru Monday that weekend? This isn't college station where hotel rooms are limited. I can almost guarantee the airbnb market he might get 40% of that.
Depends on the location of the house. There aren't many hotel options around NRG.
ATM9000
AG
Nobody is going to want to stay near NRG when most of the events outside of the game won't be near there.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I wonder if homeowners in Sunnyside and Southpark are aware of the online home rental goldmine.
pdawg10384
AG
I just looked and nice places are going for less than $100 a night. Was thinking I would see higher rates.
Skinny Wrinkles
AG
quote:
quote:

True but just because they're looking for a Houston rental doesn't necessarily mean they are going to the game. I suspect plenty of trash will be in town.
Martin Q. Blank
what's with the green line?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.