Houston
Sponsored by

Anyone members at Westside Tennis Club?

14,979 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mosesrab90
H-town ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I heard that they are getting a new waterpark with a lazy river this summer? Any details?

Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
agnatgas
AG
Bring on the babysitting!
Aggielandma12
AG
Yes, I'm a member, they are saying it will be ready for this summer. Place is great if you have small kids. We will literally spend all day there sometimes. What else you want to know?
BillYeoman
I am a member. Great stuff for kids. I seem to hit the bar more than the gym so be careful.
Ag_07
AG
If it's lazy river you're excited about just look into this place.

Milwaukees Best Light
AG

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Dr. Horrible
quote:
I am a member. Great stuff for kids. I seem to hit the bar more than the gym so be careful.
This x2
They throw some pretty good parties for members throughout the year too
El Duke
Never been to Westside but been a member at Houston Racquet Club for about a year. Great pool, food, facilities and staff. They are about to remodel though. If you have young kids and live close there is no better place in town. Very casual and friendly environment.
Texaggie7nine
Do they still have the monkeys?
7nine
BillYeoman
quote:
Do they still have the monkeys?

Yes. I will say this: Westside has some very random stuff. Tortoises, spider monkeys, Ms. Pacman, full bar, bowling alley, great pool, and free breakfast.
Mikeyshooter
AG
I just became a member. How's the pool scene? ****s?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Pools are strong with MILFs
Mikeyshooter
AG
Didn't know you couldnt say m-ilfs.
Gig-Em2003
AG
If they would take the decorating out of Linda McIngvales hands, improve the food, and get rid of all of the animals it would be phenomenal. There are so many young and affluent families in the neighborhood. It wouldn't take much to take it to the next level. Plus Houston Racquet Club is too far for the western Memorial neighborhoods so it's really the only club in the area save for Lakeside.

As it stands now it's a fun place to take kiddos, play tennis, grab a beer, enjoy the pool. The new lazy river and pool area has potential to be awesome if they follow the plans I've seen.

But they could really take it to the next level if they'd let someone come in and make some changes.
ChipFTAC01
AG
We've talked about joining for years. I miss playing tennis and my wife is looking for a new gym.
V8Aggie
AG
Bump - Wife and I went and did a tour over the weekend. It's nice and extremely convenient but we were surprised how bad the parking lot is maintained as well as the poor state of the locker rooms. Maybe after they finish the water park everything will be spruced up? IF they didn't have all the animals (now two giraffes) they could really improve some aesthetics.

Other than that, is everyone still recommending the place?
H-town ag
AG
What is the update on the new pool? They have been promising this for years. I keep hearing that they are close ....
RK
AG
giraffes? wtf? are they going for an ag exemption?
Marvin_Zindler
AG
What is a membership running these days?
V8Aggie
AG
Right now through April it's $250 initiation @ $200/month for a married couple. Normally $600 initiation. Water park will be open for the Summer.

* I live 1/8 mile away and walk past the water park every day while walking my dog. Can visually confirm it appears to be almost finished (whatever that means).
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
V8Aggie said:

Right now through April it's $250 initiation @ $200/month for a married couple. Normally $600 initiation. Water park will be open for the Summer.

* I live 1/8 mile away and walk past the water park every day while walking my dog. Can visually confirm it appears to be almost finished (whatever that means).

Rule #1 on giraffes for the inquiring minds
Mikeyshooter
AG
Mikeyshooter said:

I just became a member. How's the pool scene? ****s?

Lol. I have no memory of this post. But yes, the scenery is solid during the summer.
plowboy1065
S
I have been helping my buddy do their membership crawfish boil for 6 or so years now. Has gotten bigger every year and this years was 2 weeks ago. We cooked 7500 lbs in 4 hours and sounds like they want to up the poundage more for next year. Dang good scenery when the weather is warm
IDaggie06
AG
I'm a 10 minute walk from this place for the past 2 years and never even knew it was there until there was some event on Easter causing bad traffic. I might have to look into it.
Dr. Horrible
The Christmas party is no joke either...
FarmerJohn
AG
We joined in August as we live very close by and were looking for the gym. The way I justified the higher price was that it was so close and so nice that I was more likely to go more often. Thus the cost per visit was less than a regular gym membership. That has held true so far. What has been a pleasant surprise has been the events and other programs. There are hits and misses but every time you feel like you get way more than you paid for.

All this and I don't play tennis or have kids. If either apply to you, joining this place is a no brainer.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
it's a no brainer if you're close with kids
Diggity
AG
That's impressive!
V8Aggie
AG
Were going to look at lifetime fitness tonight but I'm leaning towards Westside. It's just too close and I love tennis.

David_Puddy
AG
Do they have all surface courts there?
jetch17
AG
Pudds lookin to get his clay court on

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.