Houston
Sponsored by

Typhoon Texas Waterpark in Katy

12,123 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Duck Blind
Theblondewonder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Opening May 2016. Will probably be a cluster, but I'm still excited

http://typhoontexas.com/index.php
Tom Hagen
AG
Nothing better than swimming in piss.
jetch17
AG

or GTFO

Ag_07
AG
It'll be legit for the 2 years before the Mezcuns and Canadians take over.
Mustang1
AG
Doubt that will take 2 years
jetch17
AG
Velvet Jones
AG
AustinCountyAg
Katy Mills has been going to trash the past couple of years.....This will take it to a whole new level now. Sucks because I frequent bass pro. The traffic and people will be too much for me to handle I am afraid
10andBOUNCE
AG
I'm more excited about the huge indoor rock climbing facility supposedly opening this summer.
Im Gipper
quote:
It'll be legit for the 2 years before the Mezcuns and Canadians take over.
"Legit" meaning full of fat trashy white people
MAS444
AG
Over/under on tattooes per patron?
David Carr
Fats and Tats enjoying a day swimming in their own filth.
cgarcia23147
I actually toured this construction site Friday morning. It looks like there will be some cool rides coming. Surely, it will be crazy the first year, but that's expected. They have sold a lot of season passes already.
JSKolache
AG
quote:

or GTFO

First job ever - $4.25/hr to "save" ur kids....
mm98
AG
quote:
Katy Mills has been going to trash the past couple of years.....This will take it to a whole new level now. Sucks because I frequent bass pro. The traffic and people will be too much for me to handle I am afraid

I live a few blocks away. It will be interesting how this and the new boardwalk affect living close by.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Spent weeks at a time at Fame City and Adventure bay/ funplex.

Anyone remember attraction across the street with the tennis ball shooters?
Panama Red
AG
quote:
quote:

I live a few blocks away. It will be interesting how this and the new boardwalk affect living close by.

This really hits close to home for you. T&P.
mm98
AG
I really hate moving but it may be an option this summer.
MrMiyAggie
AG
I heard Andy Dalton is an investor in this place so it should crash and burn after Week 17
Aggielandma12
AG
Even the authorities are minorities at my water park
tpk8775
AG
The fame city pics brought a tear to my eye. Pheasant Creek representin

The new water park will definitely be used as free summer daycare for the browns.
Philo B 93
There will be times that Typhoon Texas will be enjoyable, because everyone can't go all the time. If you want to enjoy a few slides and some son, probably DON'T go the Saturday before Memorial Day. But check it out on a Thursday morning in late July when there are no "Buy 1 get 3 free" internet specials.

If this thing goes to total crap in the next 3 or 4 years, at least a whole generation of Katy kids will have memories of their own "Fame City" to reminisce about on message boards in 20 years.

Or did you want that land to remain vacant forever? Maybe an imaginary theme park called Fantasyland?
MelvinUdall
quote:
There will be times that Typhoon Texas will be enjoyable, because everyone can't go all the time. If you want to enjoy a few slides and some son probably DON'T go the Saturday before Memorial Day. But check it out on a Thursday morning in late July when there are no "Buy 1 get 3 free" internet specials.

If this thing goes to total crap in the next 3 or 4 years, at least a whole generation of Katy kids will have memories of their own "Fame City" to reminisce about on message boards in 20 years.

Or did you want that land to remain vacant forever? Maybe an imaginary theme park called Fantasyland?

Look, I bolded out the point of your post that disturbed me, I have all daughters so this does not affect me, however I think it should be noted you are looking for "sons" at the new water park and some on here should be aware that have "sons".
GoAgs92
AG
This place is really going to interfere with my commute to and from Specs.

I was hoping they'd turn katy mills into a memorial city or la centerra clone
mm98
AG
Part of it will be. All that land just south of the mall where a few buildings are already going up is the planned Katy Boardwalk.
BrazosDog02
AG
Katy is a shat hole now. It's turning pretty ghetto, the water park will give it a little boost in short term quality but the great white flight is not too far in its future.
Post removed:
by user
Ag_07
AG
Place is set to open Memorial Day

quote:
Typhoon Texas, a water park under construction next to Katy Mills Mall, is on schedule to open for Memorial Day weekend.

The grand opening is set for May 28 at the 45-acre park, 555 Katy Fort Bend Road, said Terry Hlavinka, a partner on the project with Keith Dalton and Ray Delaughter.
BrazosDog02
AG
quote:
Lol. Katy white flight has already been happening for the last 3 years. All of the white people are moving to Fulshear or the parts of Katy ISD near the Energy Corridor.

Time to gentrify. Where's the whole foods and Shi Tpa Town?
Post removed:
by user
IlluvatarAg98
AG
Looks fun but little kids peeing the pool is not fun.
mm98
AG
I still pee in the pool...
Furlock Bones
AG
where is the Boardwalk you speak of? not many beaches out that way now that the rice patties are gone.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
The Boardwalk will be on the stretch of land off Kingsland across the street from the mall. I am not sure when they plan to start that project.
AgCPA95
AG
quote:
The Boardwalk will be on the stretch of land off Kingsland across the street from the mall. I am not sure when they plan to start that project.

Delayed several months for some redesign. Some parts to open in 2017

http://m.yourhoustonnews.com/ranch/news/major-mixed-use-project-experiencing-slight-delays/article_cd10b76c-f9bc-5be1-bd36-02410ebfea83.html?mode=jqm

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.