Houston
Sponsored by

Josh Innes finally admitted it

6,896 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bighamp03
Texaggie7nine
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
"I'm the dumbest human being on the planet," Innes said. "I apologize for that, I truly do. I'm an idiot ... I see people are making fun of me across the country, and you should be, because I'm stupid."
http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Former-Houston-sports-radio-host-apologizes-for-6771351.php

7nine
WES2006AG
AG
What an idiot
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
quote:
Innes was a polarizing, but popular figure in Houston
Yeah, not so much on the popular part.
skippythemagnificent
AG

Old Dominique pic in there.
Ag_07
AG
Football&Finance
AG
whaaaaaaaa?
Token
AG
Wow she got so much work done
Madman
AG
Is that a rug?
Al Bula
AG
Haha Josh Innes is a masterful troll. He hasn't been in Houston for a few years and he still makes people asshurt.
FlyFish95
He's the reason I haven't listened to sports talk radio in over 2 years
Bibendum 86
AG
Prom night Memorial 1985.
95_Aggie
AG
Looking for a job again?
FW Declerk
Rather have him back than big nosed nick wright
88jrt06
AG
quote:
Haha Josh Innes is a masterful troll. He hasn't been in Houston for a few years and he still makes people asshurt.

You bet, dude. He's totally in control.
AM radio. Hard to sink to the bottom of.....that.
Liquid Wrench
Just saw this on another link http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/news/2016/08/24/wip-josh-innes-fired-mike-missanelli-fanatic-sport.html

quote:
Sources familiar with the situation said the final straw was the response by Innes to a controversy involving his chief rival Mike Missanelli at 97.5 The Fanatic over a caller that regularly contacted The Fanatic's show. The caller turned out to be a white producer acting as a black character.

It would break my heart if any of those angry dudes who call in to yell at Matt Thomas about the Rockets are actually white plants.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
I read an article awhile back that talked about how his "style", while controversial, comanded a ton of new listeners and was backed by a bunch of statistics. I found it so weird, since he was the guy who wholely influenced me to switch to 790 when he was in Houston. The dude rarely talked about sports and had a weird, emo-ish, self-loathing vibe that wasn't anything but cringe-worthy to me. I'm glad he was around for that time, though, because I got (post-switch) an hour or so of Matt Thomas in the afternoons followed by Palilo. Palilo is like the anti-Innes and Thomas is actually funny and knows some things about sports. I always thought the Thomas/Palilo afternoon transition was one of the better ones in Houston sports talk. Clanton and the other dude suck so hard in comparison.
Ag_07
AG
That's exactly why he has never changed his persona. It works.

Wasn't he fired from at least one of his radio gigs in Baton Rogue?
agracer
AG
quote:
I read an article awhile back that talked about how his "style", while controversial, comanded a ton of new listeners and was backed by a bunch of statistics. I found it so weird, since he was the guy who wholely influenced me to switch to 790 when he was in Houston. The dude rarely talked about sports and had a weird, emo-ish, self-loathing vibe that wasn't anything but cringe-worthy to me. I'm glad he was around for that time, though, because I got (post-switch) an hour or so of Matt Thomas in the afternoons followed by Palilo. Palilo is like the anti-Innes and Thomas is actually funny and knows some things about sports. I always thought the Thomas/Palilo afternoon transition was one of the better ones in Houston sports talk. Clanton and the other dude suck so hard in comparison.
This...when I lived in Houston Innes was just a juvenile idiot and I never tuned in when he was on.
mm98
AG
quote:
Rather have him back than big nosed nick wright

I found Nick far more tolerable than Josh. I never really agreed with Nick but he at least worked very hard and prepared for his show.
Aggie Dan
AG
I didn't like him and he helped facilitate my switch to podcasts. Why listen to sports radio which is 60% commercials when there are free podcasts with little or no adds.
Liquid Wrench
Do you seriously schedule time to listen to sports talk? I just flip the dial when I'm driving (or when I'm at the front of the line at a red light). Also in the bathroom for s,s&s.
Aggie Dan
AG
quote:
Do you seriously schedule time to listen to sports talk? I just flip the dial when I'm driving (or when I'm at the front of the line at a red light). Also in the bathroom for s,s&s.
Schedule time?

Podcasts are on my phone at all times and automatically play when I get into the car.
Bighamp03
AG
quote:
quote:
Schedule time?

Podcasts are on my phone at all times and automatically play when I get into the car.

Preach. I've owned my car for 10 months and I've never even programmed radio stations.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.