Houston
Sponsored by

UberEats

10,624 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by The Milkman
Aggie09Derek
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ditto
agnatgas
AG
Try using promo code "2016EATS" at checkout for a one-time $7 off coupon.
Token
AG
holy **** these dumplings and mongolian beef today are the tits. as is the popcorn
Token
AG
That code didn't work for me
Ag_07
AG
Just finished up the beef and dumplings as well.

Solid lunch for $10 and no waiting in line.
AggieC07
AG
Maybe one day they will cover GWP......
Ag_07
AG
Good news for you GWP folks

quote:
Houston, you asked and we answered. From here on out, we're adding Greenway Plaza, Washington Heights, and Upper Kirby to our UberEATS delivery area!
agnatgas
AG
The honeymoon is over. Got hit up for a delivery fee of $1.99 today.

Use EATSUIZAC for $10 off your first meal.
schmendeler
AG
yeah, that delivery fee is BS. i'm done with it. that throws off the value proposition entirely.
BMX Bandit
Sucks, but $2 to save ~30 minutes still not bad amount and well worth the convenience.

schmendeler
AG
i guess I've got better options closely available.
BMX Bandit
I've got options, but not better food that I can get anywhere near that quickly.

I'm sure I'll order less, but still too great a setup to completely quit.
k20dub
AG
If you live in the Heights, try Velo Delivery. Buddy of mine started the business a little over a year ago. Bike delivery service for anything. http://instagram.com/velodelivery
Furlock Bones
AG
alright i'm pissed today. $10 bucks plus delivery fee. ordered the Reef sausage and seafood gumbo. rice came in a condiment cup. the gumbo itself is 3/4 broth. what a rip off.

how do you negative review the restaurant dish and not the driver?
Ag_07
AG
Had this happen a couple times. Dishes were way too small and disappointing. After a while you just learn what to avoid and what's money.

I just had Mongolian beef and dumplings from Mala and it was glorious!
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
Had this happen a couple times. Dishes were way too small and disappointing. After a while you just learn what to avoid and what's money.

I just had Mongolian beef and dumplings from Mala and it was glorious!
Mala was great the last time i got it.

I sent an email to Ubereats. They'll probably offer a 10% discount but not change anything.
Panama Red
AG
In addition to the "instant delivery" they added what is essentially the traditional "pick up & deliver" option now for several restaurants.

Not nearly as convenient, but nice added option.
Token
AG
This is going to effectively kill the Favor app's "monopoly" on delivery
Chip Douglas
Ordered El Real today and took about 20 minutes delivered to my building downtown. Same great service and ease as the instant items. This is a game changer.
Aggie1391
Anyone try the promo code HTXEATS? I didn't even see a place to enter it. Gives you half off your order apparently
Theblondewonder
AG
"DoorDash" is awesome" They have way more restaurants listed on the app than Favor or UberEats. My order was running behind one night so they gave me a $20 credit and I hadn't even made a complaint. I use the service about once / week.
Diggity
AG
Yelp?
Furlock Bones
AG
i don't yelp. uber gave me credit for the meal. honestly, i can count on 1 hand how many times i've complained for something like this. but, that really annoyed the **** out of me.
htxag09
AG
I would say door dash and uber eats are quite different.

Uber eats is more for whatever they are serving for quick and cheap. Door dash generally takes 45+ min, usually closer to an hour but you can order whatever you want.

I will say the app, number of restaurants, and menus are 10x better on door dash than favor. Though we've found favor to be quicker so use it if we can.
BMX Bandit
Ubereats has expanded into that "order whatever you want " service.

Still has the express service from 11 to 2. You can order from other restaurants pretty much all day long but takes the standard delivery time
wessimo
AG
UberEats has continued to expand in menu selection and service area (Memorial, Spring Branch, Bellaire, Garden Oaks). If you haven't tried it yet you can use my code for $20 off your first order, which will get you $16 in free food after the delivery fee (I'll also get a free meal, so thanks ).

Enter code "eats-uber20off20" in the UberEats app.
AgLiving06
Looks like they will deliver to Westbury as well which is pretty awesome.
FtBendTxAg
AG
quote:
UberEats has continued to expand in menu selection and service area (Memorial, Spring Branch, Bellaire, Garden Oaks). If you haven't tried it yet you can use my code for $20 off your first order, which will get you $16 in free food after the delivery fee (I'll also get a free meal, so thanks ).

Just used this code and it worked.

Somebody use this code and we both get $20 off it says:
eats-qdux2
The Milkman
AG
quote:
quote:

Just used this code and it worked.

Somebody use this code and we both get $20 off it says:
eats-qdux2
Got you bro

Heres mine to continue the chain: eats-charleyt21
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.