Houston
Sponsored by

Crawfish already?

6,317 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by The Milkman
El Mero Guero
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was at Bunker Hill HEB the other day buying shrimp and saw a sign that said HEB would begin taking crawfish orders after Dec 21st. Very hard to believe (still skeptical), but the guy behind the counter confirmed that this is true and that it is an unusually early season this yr. Has anyone heard this???
Finn Maccumhail
AG
They were boiling bugs at the HEB on W. Lake Houston on the Upper East Side a couple weekends ago. And they were good sized too. And some friends who live in the Woodlands were posting pics of some place in Magnolia on 1488 near Honea-Egypt that had some good sized crawfish.
Post removed:
by user
Token
AG
they're probably frozen from the haul during the summer and now serving them
10andBOUNCE
AG
most overrated food ever
Al Bula
AG
These are live crawfish, not frozen.

Very mild fall across LA and Texas, not a surprise the crawfish are coming out early.
El Mero Guero
quote:
most overrated food ever
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Jackies Brick House has been selling them for a couple weeks. Coonies figured out that yuppies will really like them and will buy them most of the year at ridiculous prices.
WES2006AG
AG
quote:
They were boiling bugs at the HEB on W. Lake Houston on the Upper East Side a couple weekends ago. And they were good sized too. And some friends who live in the Woodlands were posting pics of some place in Magnolia on 1488 near Honea-Egypt that had some good sized crawfish.
Is this a thing now? Are we really calling the Kingwood/Atascosita area the Upper East Side?
El Mero Guero
quote:
quote:
Is this a thing now? Are we really calling the Kingwood/Atascosita area the Upper East Side?
Where have you been bruh?
DustysLineup
AG
quote:
quote:

Realtors.
El Mero Guero
I call it NorEado
Prune Tracy
Mild temps have resulted in a good early harvest. Size is good and prices are reasonable, considering how early it is in the season. I read an article the other day where one place in Louisana was selling cooked around or under $5/lb. Not terrible considering it's mid-December.
Bob Kelso
AG
Wouldn't feel right eating them this time of year -to me at least. Savor the flavor until Spring.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Realtors.

Actually realtors are calling it "West Lake" now to encompass Generation Park, Fall Creek, Summerwood and the communities along W. Lake Houston up to Kingwood.

But, I'm in revolt. It's been the Upper East Side for years and will stay that way damnit.

Especially since I started that name. It's wholly tongue-in-cheek but damnit it's mine.
DustysLineup
AG
OXDL45
AG
West Lake?
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
West Lake?

Yup. As in the west side of Lake Houston.
BillYeoman
quote:
quote:
West Lake?

Yup. As in the west side of Lake Houston.

I call it New Caney. Am I wrong? All the same...
Furlock Bones
AG
Houston West Lake just doesn't seem to have the appeal of Austin Westlake.
oldschool87
AG
February is about as early as you can reliably get them. There going to be unbelievable this year. As of today they are still active and have not burrowed yet!

Should be very big!
DustysLineup
AG
Let's start spamming Swamplot, HAIF, and Chron comments with references to the "Upper East Side." We can make this happen.
JYDog90
AG
Porter
FlyFish95
You'll be getting crawfish that were raised in a Mercury pond in Vietnam. Get your thyroid checked regularly if you're going to eat them.
El Mero Guero
quote:
You'll be getting crawfish that were raised in a Mercury pond in Vietnam. Get your thyroid checked regularly if you're going to eat them.
Finn Maccumhail
AG
quote:
quote:

perfect gif response deserves a blue star.

Martin Q. Blank
quote:
Wouldn't feel right eating them this time of year -to me at least. Savor the flavor until Spring.

It is spring.
terradactylexpress
quote:
Mild temps have resulted in a good early harvest. Size is good and prices are reasonable, considering how early it is in the season. I read an article the other day where one place in Louisana was selling cooked around or under $5/lb. Not terrible considering it's mid-December.

$5/lb crawfish
AgLiving06
Any good places for Crawfish?

We called Bayou City Seafood, and they want $8/lb for cooked bugs.

Wife wanted to eat crawfish or Valentines Day, but that's a big price to pay.
agz win
AG
Zydecos downtown is now open nights but unsure if they're doing crawfish yet.
Post removed:
by user
DiskoTroop
CAJUN STOP!!!

The business.
ElCheAg
AG
Live Oak Bar & Grill

7.99 a pound.

$20 for 3 lbs

$33 for 5 lbs
AgLiving06
quote:
boyds seafood uncooked

If I was doing a sack..I agree...but we are just looking for 8-10 lbs and that's not worth boiling..
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Why not? Takes about 30 mins - no longer than cooking dinner.

Do it all the time with shrimp, crab, crawdads, etc.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.