Houston
Sponsored by

Restaurant help please

1,975 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 10andBOUNCE
94DallasAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're headed down to Galveston for Thanksgiving, leaving Dallas around 3p on Wednesday. So I'm looking for a place to eat in Houston near i45 that would be fun for three 15/16 year old girls. One is turning 16 that day, hence the trip.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
CrossBowAg99
AG
They just opened a Dave and busters in clear lake on the south side of Houston. There is also a maggianos next door. Both directly on IH 45.

There is the aquarium downtown and they have a few rides. I am not sure if a 16yo would enjoy that.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Ocean's on 45 is pretty good.
94DallasAG
AG
Google says ocean's is closed
CrossBowAg99
AG
quote:
Google says ocean's is closed

Oceans is/was a strip club.
mrsbeer05
AG
I would second Dave and Busters. The Hard Rock Cafe isn't too far off 45 in Downtown.
bigjag19
AG
New D&B.
BMX Bandit
quote:
I would second Dave and Busters. The Hard Rock Cafe isn't too far off 45 in Downtown.

There isn't anything remotely fun about the Hard Rock Cafe
DiskoTroop
Just run down to Kemah. Then take 146 down the rest of the way to Galveston.
CrossBowAg99
AG
There is a main event at 45 and nasa 1. Also new top golf there
mrsbeer05
AG
I loved rock history at 16, so I always thought it was fun.
Post removed:
by user
Ronnie
AG
New Dave and Busters is just OK. Half the stuff in the new section of Baybrook isn't open yet though. It's kind of small for a Dave and Busters I thought. Haven't been to one in years and we took the kids yesterday just to see what the new one is like. I'll probably go back to burn some credits off my cards I bought there but not really any other reason to go back there.

Just went to the new Top Golf and it is very nice. It was easy to get into (no waiting) in the morning. Don't know about afternoons but at night that place looks slammed. It depends on if the kids play golf if they'd like it. There's other stuff like pool tables, but if you aren't golfing I don't know why you'd go.

Main Event will be "thuggy" at night. But it has bowling and pool tables and shuffleboard and lazer tag and vidja games.

Kemah is probably too far out of the way.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Are you looking for a place to eat or have fun? Because I would never purposely stop to eat at Dave and Busters or Hard Rock.

The girls would probably enjoy something like Grimaldi's or some of the other options at the Woodlands Waterway - right by the Woodlands Mall.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.