Houston
Sponsored by

Texas Children's Hospital

3,202 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AgLA06
mrg0901
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are there any contacts in HR at TCH? Looking to gather some more information on job postings.

Thanks,
CowtownAg06
AG
My wife has worked there for over 9 years. She loves it, but HR is not the best. She couldn't get any response from them from calls or emails when she was applying so just showed up one day and asked to talk to someone in HR. They set an interview for her on the spot, but basically said they get so many inquiries for jobs they don't return many communications.
HvilleAggie
AG
My wife just left TCH, but was there for six years and loved it. She told me a story a year ago or so that the entire recruiting team was fired and they began outsourcing that part of HR because they were so bad. Makes sense because a friend had an interview there and didn't hear back for several months one way or another.
hurricanejake02
AG
My fiance has worked there a little over two years - HR was so unorganized that they called her to set up a first interview as she was leaving the second interview for the same position.

Good luck.
mr83tr88
AG
Having spent nearly a year there inpatient with my child, I recommend you personally take your resume to the charge nurse or floor manager for whichever department/floor you are interested in if you are looking for a nursing position. You may have a little trouble getting past some of the receptionists at the front desks. I suggest you be super nice to them. Share your story of why you want to work there and your passion. Then, ask them to please pass your resume on to the person in charge of that department/floor.
Spoony Love
AG
My wife has worked for TCH nearly 12 years. Started in Cardio ICU and eventually moved in to Cardio Surgery after getting her practitioner license, working as Chief of Surgery's personal practitioner. She is worth her salt and now works at a TCH clinic closer to home.

With that said, it would have never happened if she relied on HR. She did what mr83tr88 suggested. Not many nurses/practitioners ever rise to the level she did but HR would have missed that,
mrg0901
Thanks for the info, the position I am interested in is not a nursing / medical position, so I was hoping to find someone who could point me in the right direction towards the hiring manager. I was hoping to go down there and introduce myself in person but looking for the right person to introduce myself.

Thanks for the advice!
FrioAg 00
AG
Shoot me a pm, I'd be happy to help. I am a leader at TCH and always happy when we hire more Aggies.
HvilleAggie
AG
My wife worked in the marketing dept, if you're looking in that area she would have some names to get you started.
Silky Johnston
Does anyone happen to have a contact in Ambulatory Services Administration or Supply Chain Administration? I recently applied to a Project Manager and Project Analyst positions with those departments.

The Milkman
AG
HBCanine08
AG
Y'all still got that opening for associate counsel?
FrioAg 00
AG
I'll have to ask about that one
HBCanine08
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Shoot me a pm, I'd be happy to help. I am a leader at TCH and always happy when we hire more Aggies.

Might need to d the same; saw a Project a manager position there on LinkedIn and it looks appealing. I am recently on the job hunt becuase the Saudis decided to flood the market with oil and tank the price of a barrel.... Goodbye sweet gig in offshore drilling.... Hellos job search.
HvilleAggie
AG
I was in your same shoes, just 10 months ago. Keep your chin up and (depending on your financial situation) hold out for the job you want. It's out there!
FrioAg 00
AG
Shot you a PM. Let me know when you can talk.
AgLA06
AG
Frio,

I shot you a pm, but I'm interested in several of the project management positions posted as well. I appreciate any help.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.