Houston
Sponsored by

Cheesesteaks

5,858 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Buck Nasty
Orozco05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone have any recs for Cheesesteaks here in Houston? Watching gameday today got me craving a cheesesteak now. BTHO sc

Thanks in advance!
ElGamer
Your welcome

http://pappagenos.com

And sorry to your butthole

Marvin_Zindler
AG
RIP Texadelphia.
Orozco05
Hahahaha
texasaggie2004
AG
Tornado Burger
sixbarag
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Tornado Burger
This!
CrossBowAg99
AG
Papa genos #2 and get whiz on the fries. So damn good but so much salt.
DustysLineup
AG
I don't think Papa Geno's has a bad choice on the menu. Just know you're going to eat the whole thing and be unproductive for a few hours.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Both Papa Genos and Tornado are great suggestions, they make the best I've had in town.

Once when I was hungover i ordered the Fat Philly at PApageno's, a cheesesteak with 2 chicken tenders, 3 mozzarella sticks and gravy fries on it. Have regretted it to this day, yet strangely want to eat it again.
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
W Grill at Washington and Shephard. No cheese whiz, though, if that's a requirement.
Velvet Jones
AG
Whiz wit at Papa Geno's.

Closest thing to 9th and Passyunk in the Tine.
JYDog90
AG
I'll recommend one thing on Papa Geno's. Do not be in a hurry to eat it. I had a really short period of time and tried to wolf it down. Thing was so hot that it took about a week to get the skin to grow back on the roof of my mouth.
Orozco05
quote:
Both Papa Genos and Tornado are great suggestions, they make the best I've had in town.

Once when I was hungover i ordered the Fat Philly at PApageno's, a cheesesteak with 2 chicken tenders, 3 mozzarella sticks and gravy fries on it. Have regretted it to this day, yet strangely want to eat it again.

Brave man.

Think this is the place. Thanks fellas!
DiskoTroop
Had a Rocky's Subs Cheesesteak Hoagie today for lunch! Always been my favorite in town.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Jersey Mike's
1876er
AG
Papa Genos is delicious. Their service sucked last time I went, and I said I would never go back. That was until my cheesesteak came and I changed my mind. Better than the real Genos in my opinion.
BMX Bandit
It's counter service. What did they do that was so terrible?
1876er
AG
It took like 45 minutes for our food to come out. The table next to us got half of their table's food then got the other half about 15 minutes later. All the guy said after he finally brought our food was "sorry for the wait"
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
It took like 45 minutes for our food to come out. The table next to us got half of their table's food then got the other half about 15 minutes later. All the guy said after he finally brought our food was "sorry for the wait"
at papa geno's?
1876er
AG
Yeah
El Mero Guero
quote:
Must be a freak deal. Service has always been top notch and even when busy, the most I've ever waited is 8-10 minutes. Best cheesesteak in the tine imo.
DustysLineup
AG
That's unusual. I think they have one shift that's a little slower, so it's a dice roll. But I've never waited more than 10 or 15.
The Milkman
AG
Were you at the regular one or the one in bellaire?
1876er
AG
The one on Eldridge.
DustysLineup
AG
Ah. I was referring to the original one on 18th.
TexAg91
AG
Jake's
BillYeoman
quote:
The one on Eldridge.

Had the same experience. Inconsistent. 5 minute wait to 25 minute wait....

Still solid though...
FtBendTxAg
AG
quote:
Jake's
No. Jake's is by no means inedible, but its nowhere near as good as papa genos or tornado
Chewy
AG
Is Tornado Burger in Stafford and do they have cheese whiz for the cheesesteaks?
jetch17
AG
The one on long point changed to tornado taco or some sh*t, but essentially same menu

The spicy gyro is badass too
FtBendTxAg
AG
quote:
Is Tornado Burger in Stafford and do they have cheese whiz for the cheesesteaks?

Yes and for the fries.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
pappa genos for sure

but if you are near a Lennys subs, get the philly and add hot pepper relish on it....
DustysLineup
AG
This thread ruined me; had to go to Pappa Geno's. May regret this later.
ElCheAg
AG
PapaGenos is legit
Orozco05
quote:
pappa genos for sure

but if you are near a Lennys subs, get the philly and add hot pepper relish on it....

Use to go to Lenny's (Bryan) back when I could put together the money. Good ol days of ramen and laynes.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.